[DEMO]Super Fighting Hyper Action Sidescrolling Oldschool Mega Awesome RPG!

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by NeoGouken, Feb 1, 2007.

1. NeoGouken

NeoGouken New Member

My friend and I have been laboring for a few months/years over this game. PLEASE let us know what you think of it. If you have ANY inputs whatsoever, please let us know. Here's a list of some stuf we would like to get feedback for....
    -Pros
    -Cons
    -Bugs
    -Suggestions

Any feedback on our lonely forums is more than welcome.

[size=20pt]
    SUPER FIGHTING HYPER ACTION SIDESCROLLING OLDSCHOOL MEGA AWESOME RPG GAME!!!
    [/size](Yes, that’s the title of our game!)

pics of various elements in our game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Battle System
    -------------------------------------
    think Street Fighter + Devil May Cry + Castlevania + DDR + Dynasty Warriors
    if you can imagine that, then yeah....

BATTLE SYSTEM IN ACTION!!

Different Modes
    RPG Mode - play through the storyline and build up your characters
    Arcade Mode - play straight through each hardcore action packed level one after the other. level based play.
    Record Mode - Record your custom Combos, save them, then show them off or send your save recordings to friends!

Features
    -Unique Battle system
    -Play co-op with up to 4 of your buddies. Transfer your character into their computer and use them to help your buddies out, or vice versa.
    -Day/Night. Depending on when you play, it will affect the daylight in the game as well. Different things come out at night!
    -Intense battles filled with hundreds of enemies
    -Super over-the-top super moves!
    -Custom character building capabilities. Make your character a guy or girl, then outfit them with hair color and clothes and weapons!
    -Combo system allows you to do infinite amount of hits in a combo.

FEATURES IN ACTION!!!

Story
    In the demo you play as Taiyn, a young boy who has just joined in his father's footsteps towards becoming a knight. But something happens and he has to re-evaluate his actions and the actions of the people he protects. Demo is a side story to the main game, which will be out in a few months.

WEBSITE!!! FEEDBACK PLEASE!!! It's lonely on our forums, so if you enjoyed our game, please leave us some feedback. THANKS!!!

INSTRUCTIONS!!! VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

DEMO DOWNLOAD!!

Also, please pass the word around and tell your friends!! Its free! And you can see who has better combos!!!

Thanks again all!!

2. DanMarshall

Original Member

RPGs freak me out, so I won't play it, but it's definitely the best name for a videogame ever, so well done there.

3. oldschool

Original Member

Did I screw up or am I supposed to fight 3 waves of cat things? I stopped playing because I was tired of fighting cats in the forest.

I was in arcade mode. You should let everyone know that there is an arcade mode. I wasn't even going to try it since I don't like RPGs.

The Good
    The graphics and 3d effect plus 2d sprites is great. The particles are very good. And the controls are simple.

the bad
    There seems to be a lag or unresponsiveness about the arrow keys.

Great game. I'll try it again latter. Good Luck

4. sticksfirmly

sticksfirmly New Member

I remember seeing this game on the gamedev.net forums. Congrats on finishing. It seems like you're worked on it a long time.

I liked it a lot. But, at the second fighting area I couldn't get past the waves of enemies because they kept killing me. I don't know if I suck or what, but what ended up happening is that one of the flying enemies would hit me and freeze me, then when of the chopper enemies would hit me immediately after. Basically, everytime I got hit by one enemy, I ended up losing at least a third or so of my health.

Aside from that, I never figured out how to use the magic. I kept pressing "d" but nothing happended.

But, I liked it a lot for the most part!

5. NeoGouken

NeoGouken New Member

oh yeah, playing at night yields much harder enemies.
    and there is a CRUCIAL move you learn early on, its the ENERGY SHOUT. Hwne you are stuck in an attack of the enemy, you can use thos move to break out of it. give it a shot.

6. Maupin

Original Member

Nice work! Really amusing game. I like the oldschool pixelly characters combined with the flashy smooth lighting effects. The intro is also funny, especially the introduction of the main character's pet.

I played the arcade mode. I destroyed assloads of forest cats and brigands (it went on far too long), until I met TLKAY and she completely wiped me out. I'll give the RPG mode a try sometime, but games like the Bard's Tale are more to my liking when it comes to RPGs...

7. Teeth

Original Member

1. Got sick of killing cats; once one round had ended I got immediately into another fight with more cats. I was level 6 when I decided to give up.

2. Couldn't reconfigure my joystick because a) you use buttons 1 + 2 by default and b) all the buttons immediately got mapped to the analogue sticks. You need to have dead zones.

3. This game is clearly absolutely awesome and I wish I could have resolved these two issues so I could play more :(

8. NeoGouken

NeoGouken New Member

oh, to fix the analog problem, make sure your controller is in digital mode under the Game Controllers option in your Control Panel.

As for the cats thing, I'm guessing you are playing arcade mode. Yeah, umm, just stick with it and keep moving to the right. Try using the teleport button to speed your progress, or running will help reduce encoutner percentages. Once you get past the cats, thats when the fun begins as you can start juggling humanoids and get to the good stuff.

9. Reinhardius

Reinhardius New Member

Looks great ! Downloading ..... can't wait. usefull feedback later ;)

10. jman2050

jman2050 New Member

This game is made of awesome and win

Pros:
    - Fluid battle system, relatively simple controls, and a lot of mastery to be had
    - Very nice use of 3D. I assume the old-school look is on purpose ;)
    - Nice music too.

Cons:
    - Rather repetitive at first, without any special skills you can take advantage of.
    - Enemies are too easy in the beginning.
    - Enemies are too HARD at night.
    - Formulaic. Basically just move right or left and kill stuff. That's about it.

Despite the fact that there are 4 cons to 3 pros, the cons are just minor gripes. The game itself is hilarously awesome. I don't know how long this 'demo' lasts, but I plan on making the best of it.

To everyone else, don't fret at the start. Build up your stats (you DO realize you can do that, right?) to get stronger and to gain new skills. Once you gain those skills and get into harder battles, THEN the fun begins :)

11. NeoGouken

NeoGouken New Member

Actually, there is a platform level as well.
    The OLD CASTLE is open after 9 PM.

THAT is where you can kill things using this battle system, in a platform environment! Imagine Castlevania, mixed with devil may cry, and you will get a good idea of what that is like!!!

I play this stage a lot, and the final boss in the castle i heard some people love to hate. Check it out.

12. Teeth

Original Member

I'm using a 360 controller which doesn't have the option of going to digital mode.

Also I was sure I had selected the RPG mode when I was fighting those cats. So maybe I should just try teleporting along to get going. Seems silly to have to do that to bypass the insanely high rate of encounters though. Why not just reduce that frequency? It's laying it on a bit thick for the first area in the game IMO