Death From Above (wip)

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Kisguri, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Kisguri

Original Member

Death From Above

Our new Freeware game in development features Aerial Combat, Bombing and some neat flight maneuvers as well as the ability to deploy tanks from your base to liberate cities and bases from the enemy! The game is based in part on Compuscience's 1984 title Sopwith, Which I played for hours on end as a child on my trusty Tandy 1000.

Game play consists of eight separate possible mission between four levels you play at any one time, Each missions overall objective is to eliminate all enemy fighters, tanks and defenses and to secure all Cities and Bases for your side. Liberation occurs when you deploy two tanks to a city or base. Once you have liberated a property it increases the number of tanks you can deploy by two. Also if you liberate a base you may use that for landing and refueling. You deploy tanks during a refuel/reload period in between sorties.

During Air combat you can use Stalls to you advantage as well as pull of some special aerial maneuvers if you can figure out how to use them. Enemy fighters will do their best to end up on your tail and send some Lead you way, Also Gun emplacements and flak cannons protect tanks and enemy fortifications

Combat features:

* Stalls
    * Barrel Rolls
    * 180 Inverts
    * Bombs
    * Gunplay
    * U Turn maneuvers
    * Tanks engage other Enemy Turrets and Tanks
    * Flak Cannons

Strategy Features:

* Once landed at a base send out Tanks to the left or right
    * It takes two tanks to capture a enemy base or a city
    * Bases and Cities add 2 Tanks to your total can have in combat
    * once you capture a enemy base you may land and refuel their and issue build orders from it

Download now! Http://www.gamesare.com/games/dfa/DFAbuild37.exe

We would love any comments, suggestions or bug finds from the fine folks at IndieGamer. And we hope you enjoy the game!

Screenies (More info at http://gamesare.com/forums/index.php?board=33.0)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Kisguri, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  2. dbest

dbest New Member

A few initial commments based on the screens shown in your post:

1. The text in the text-box does not seem to match the images and lacks a certain class to it.
    2. There are some grammatical errors in the text.
    3. The HUD does not match the look of the game screen.

3. Kisguri

Original Member

Comments

Thank you for the comments, What would you suggest for the HUD, I wanted it be more of the Dash of a old Bi-Plane but, it took much screen up, I want the player to as much of the sky as possible to A.Get the feel of how open it is in Air Combat B. Make sure you don't have a baddie hiding behind the element and surprising the player to much. But I would love to hear any suggestions on what to do to make the interface better!

4. DayDream

Indie Author

Hi Kisguri...

I agree with dbest and would go a step further - the logo/ title screen and the cutscene general screen just don't match... Imho they should be cleaner and more in line with the silhouette look and feel of the game [especially the logo]:

[​IMG]

As for the UI I think your initial idea was good... Why not move the ground up a tad and add the ui at the bottom... something like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#4 DayDream, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  5. Dyno Kid

Indie Author

Now that looks a bit better:)

Darren.

6. Kisguri

Original Member

Comments

Awesome, Good Stuff, thanks for the comments, I am going to integrate some of these ideas, hope you guys keep up with the thread!

7. dbest

dbest New Member

Good work by DayDream. I think that look does make the game feel consistent.
    The UI at the bottom of the screen also solves the issue of enemy popping from behind.

8. DizzyDoo

DizzyDoo New Member

Oh hi Kisguri, good to see some fellow Multimedia Fusion 2 users here. I agree that the silhouette look would be best enhanced. Good luck with the project!

9. Kisguri

Original Member

Hello all, A new build of DFA is ready for test flights

A New Build Just for you: http://www.Gamesare.com/games/dfa/DFA.rar

Based on comments and with a little help I present to you a new build of DFA, complete with Dogfights, bombing runs, cockpit bailouts, and flaming debris raining down from the sky. I hope you guys can volunteer as Test Pilots and run a couple of sortie missions. And Of course let me know what you think!

New Screenies
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Kisguri

Original Member