Dark Incursion iOS/Android/PC/Mac

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scharlo, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Scharlo

Original Member

Dark Incursion is a side scrolling, hack and slash game that gives the player a full stereoscopic 3D experience. It takes place in an alternate reality in the late 1800’s, amidst an industrial revolution and a world war. The player is the character, Anya, who is one of the few who know about a secret military laboratory developing biological weaponry that could devastate the entire planet if it got out of control.

2D Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3D Screenshots: (red/blue glasses)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Release date: 1st week of October

2. terin

Original Member

They still make Red/Blue glasses? I haven't seen one of those since 1950!

3. jcottier

jcottier New Member

it works, I've tested it with my red/blue glasses but it was painfull to concentrate on these 2 still screens. I'm worry it will be even more painfull watching the game in action.

On the other side, the game looks really interesting, I'll definitely get it for my wife (castlevania addict) when it's out (but absolutely not for the fake 3d).

4. Scharlo

Original Member

3D is actually rendered to support various reticular lenses (3DSlide, Grilli3D, etc.) but I posted red/blue images as they are only way to showcase the effect on the screenshots. With the proper red/blue glasses, effect is super sharp and clean (I am not sure why you say you need to concentrate, it's not parallax image) but obviously original colors are lost.
    Still, as you guys probably guessed, 3D is here more as a gimmick rather than key gameplay element.

5. jcottier

jcottier New Member

Yes, I know. Again, the game looks really interesting.

6. tolik

Original Member

Wow, when is this coming out? Can't wait to play it.

7. Lau Kok Wey

Lau Kok Wey New Member

looks very cool
    how much ($) per download ?

Envy

8. j0d1

j0d1 New Member

Looks interesting indeed! Gameplay video please! :)

9. Scharlo

Original Member

10. Pallav Nawani

Indie Author

PC version can use controllers (and is not too hard) I hope? :)

11. tolik

Original Member

It looks a little bit boring compared to what I've expected... I guess Castlevania gameplay without a real controller has to be that slow and action-less :(

12. Scharlo

Original Member

Castlevania IS slow and action-less for the most part. You are right though, virtual controller comes with some limits and it certainly affect both gameplay and game design for this type of games.

13. j0d1

j0d1 New Member

For and handheld device, virtual controllers is a bad design choice to begin with. That and the gyroscopic movement (loosing focus of the screen).

14. Scharlo

Original Member