Cubix Studio - 3D Lowpoly Female Model Template

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by suryanievi, Jan 1, 2006.

1. suryanievi

Original Member

Hi everyone,

a friend of mine recommend gamedev.net forum for me, and from there i know about this indie gamer forum too, i hope i can be useful for the community in here also :)

anyway, i just released a Low Poly Female Model Template, originally it's all setup for Torque Game Engine (because that's the only game dev forum I know before my friend told me), but in case you need a low poly female for your game needs, i hope this pack might be useful too.

Since this is my first pack, i make an introductory price of only $15

SCREENSHOTS:
    Idle & Holding weapon
    2 skin variation
    organized PSD texture
    Inside Torque Show Tool
    In-game Shot idle
    In-game Shot with weapon

MORE DETAIL INFORMATION: Female Content Pack Info

DEMO MOVIES : In-game movie (.mov)

You can buy the pack from Cubix Studio Store website

Please support our future content pack development by buying our 1st product hehehe....

thanks everyone & Happy New Year :D

Evi

2. Sean Doherty

Original Member

Looks Nice.

#2 Sean Doherty, Jan 1, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2006
  3. Fabio

Original Member

I second that.

4. suryanievi

Original Member

@Sean & Fabio,

thank you :D,
    more pack will come soon (if i have free time to finish them :p )

5. nihil

Original Member

(my first post in this forum, so hi everybody! :) )

That's really a very nice model and also a very fair price! Do you already know if you will support other engines/formats in the future, too?

6. suryanievi

Original Member

@Nihil:
    at the moment i only know how to make a character playable in Torque Engine,
    if you have free time, feel free to post it here /PM' me other engines that mostly used by indie dev, so i can start learning to support those engines too

i really appreciate your help :D, thanks..

7. nihil

Original Member

Well, I don't know too much about 3d character creation myself, but since you use 3ds Max it should be enough just to export the character to another format using the right exporter plugin. The .x-format for exapmle is widely used, and there is a free exporter for Max here: http://www.andytather.co.uk/Panda/directxmax_downloads.aspx

I use the Wintermute-engine (www.dead-code.org), and that supports only the ms3d (Milkshape-binary)-format, but I think there is no working exporter for 3ds Max at the moment. But the .x-format can be imorted to Fragmotion (http://www.fragmosoft.com ) for example wich can export to a wide range of other engine-formats.

8. Robert Cummings

Original Member

Ultimate Unwrap will convert better between formats and has a native 3dsmax plugin to make things easier.

9. Daire Quinlan

Original Member

I'd imagine UU only does the mesh though, right ? I think what they're talking about above also includes the bone information/weighting and animation and so on and so forth.

D.

10. nihil

Original Member

Yes, at least that's the important point for me. I can do the modelling myself, but I totally suck at animating :) Don't know if UU can handle animations.

11. Sysiphus

Original Member

It can, Nihil.

It only displays kinddof glitch, in the opengl viewer, but that is only in the viewer, the internal data will be saved well.
    It supports weights and bones animation only in some formats: mainly x and b3d(blitz3d).

I also recommend saving in u3d format with the free Ultimate Unwrap plugin instead of exporting as x format, though I have done both ways and works. Just possibly u3d export from Max is more problem free and more wysiwyg. From Ultimate Unwrap, you can export as x or as b3d. (and blitz3d users form quite a wide range)

3d exploration also offer such a load of format exports, and do import perfectly the x files (sometimes it interpolate way more frames than it should, but you can trial and error back and force with the original 3d tool exporter settings. ) It also support md2 and md3.

If you uv mapped hiding the seams in non visible parts of the mesh (which I doubt as is less functional, is only good when know are limited to md2 or md3) then you can trust safely in md2 or md3 exports, which are often supported by game engines. If so, you can export as md2 (qtip for max, there's a free one too) or md3 (better, and there's a good free exporter, Chris Cookson one) you can import into Gmax and blender by md2. use gmax or blender to export as md3, or many other formats (specially bledner is aqueiring a load of game formats exporting.But only its md2 import does take animation in import)

From Max, you can export to every crazy game format (btw, I played too with Wintermute, but ms3d exported from Blender (there's an uncomplete export plugin, as usual available by third paty, free also) or Max (also an exporter available, but I think 1.12 version wouldn't export well anims) and thos ms3d wont be with well exported anims. Besides ms3d format kill weights other than 1 or 0 (usually brings em to one or other value, resulting in non organic mesh bendings) )

For Max exports, be sure to check :

- www.scriptspot.com (maxscripts)
    - www.maxplugins.de (plugins)

Rarely you will have a format you cannot export from there.

But if u have the bucks, does come very helpful to have Deep Exploration :

www.righthemisphere.com

And comes also handy :
    www.micromouse.ca

In what Ultimate Unwrap imho excells is in uv mapping. Also is really good in max/x to b3d conversions.

12. suryanievi

Original Member

thanks a lot for the input everyone, so far i've gather some engines available out there that might need some ready made content pack:
    - Torque Game Engine
    - fpscreator
    - Blitz3D
    - Conitec Game Engine

please feel free to post more,
    looks like Fragmosoft support many file types, might look into that also in the future :D

13. Anlino

Original Member

You might want to check out turbosquid.com, in case you would want to submit it there. I believe it is a affordable price, and i would definatley buy it if i would be in need of a female character.

14. vjvj

Indie Author

I was in need of a model with animation for testing (most models on Turbosquid don't include any basic animations), so I bought it. The quality is good... Nice job!

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but once I do I'll post some more feedback on it.

15. suryanievi

Original Member

@vjvj:
    thank you so much for your purchase, it's really encourage me to do another pack :D