Cube Engine

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by ProgrammingFreak, Mar 17, 2006.

1. ProgrammingFreak

Original Member

I have seen the cube engine and have played around with it some, it is kinda of confusing, however I am wondering if you can use it to make your own shooter games and if you can make them look better then what the cube graphics look like

2. ggambett

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Have you considered the possibility of asking that question in the Cube forums?

3. ProgrammingFreak

Original Member

No, I thought it might be answered here and I don't want to join another forum

4. GBGames

Indie Author

I've played the FPS that they made with Cube, but it was maybe a year ago. I haven't seen the latest updates to it, but I think the biggest deal with Cube is that you can make the game levels in-game.

I am not aware of any games based on Cube besides that FPS, but I imagine they exist.

5. Anlino

Original Member

6. Chozabu

Original Member

if youre checking cube out, have a look at Sauerbraten!

7. ProgrammingFreak

Original Member

Yes I have seen the "evolution" of the next cube engine