CTF RPG style game looking for help

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by HyperShock, Feb 13, 2018.

1. HyperShock

HyperShock New Member

Hello fellow programmers, game designers, artist, etc

I am Gavin (HyperShock),

Let me first give you a bit of info about myself. I love creating games. I have never released any but I have worked for two studios in the past. I am an experienced developer in HTML, CSS, Javascript, Java, and C#; and I am currently learning C++. I have a keen eye for design and appearance which has proved to be beneficial in past studios. I am also a music producer who can also do a bit of sound design.

The idea is a capture-the-flag RPG style game. Players will be on one team or the other and will attempt to capture the other teams flag (or another object). This all sounds familiar, but here’s the twist: Players unlock different mythical creatures and use them to their advantage to capture the flag. The game will be packed with dragons, wizards, zombies, giants, and all kinds of other mythical creatures (except dragons are real of course :)).

An example would be, one player has an orc that might be really fast, but another player has a dragon which is really big and sprays fire from its mouth.

Of course there’s the issue of: how will the game be balanced out? How will veteran players not instantly destroy novice players because the veterans have better creatures? Well, it’s similar to Clash Royale in this aspect; there are different maps that players advance through as they become better at the game. There is an alternative method of balancing out the game that I have in case.

I would be happy to share more specific aspects of the game with anyone upon us talking via Discord or Gmail (see below for those).

Now, in order for this project to come to life, some talented people will be needed. Below is a list of the current open positions and their requirements respectively.

Scripter (C++)
    - Must be experienced in C++ and the Unreal Scripting API.
    - Must be familiar with mulitplayer scripting concepts and have the ability to script for multiplayer games.
    - Must be at least 14, verified by voice. (Exceptions may apply)
    - Must be able to cooperate with a team.
    - Must be able to complete assignments and a timely fashion.
    - Must not decline a task due to the fact that its hard, or may take a little while (tasks will be reasonable)
    - Must be active on Discord (online at least twice a day).
    - Must not be a drug dealer.

3D Character Artist (Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, or another quality 3D graphics program)
    - {PREFERABLY} Must be familiar with the graphics side of Unreal Engine 4.
    - Must be deeply experienced in the 3D graphics program of your choice.
    - Must be able to create 30k poly characters.
    - Must be able to work from concept art, and optionally out of mind.
    - Must not decline a task due to the fact that its hard, or may take a little while (tasks will be reasonable)

3D Texture Artist
    - Must be able to creating original and aesthetically pleasing textures.

3D Animator / Rigger
    - Must be familiar with the animating side of Unreal Engine 4.
    - Must be able to rig 3D models.
    - Must be able to create smooth animations of models (walking, attacking, etc)
    - Also must not be a drug dealer.

Concept Artist
    - Must be able to generate original designs in a functional manner.
    - Must be able to design a character, weapon, or other item based on a minimal or thorough description.

Sound Designer / Music Producer [CLOSED]

This position is no longer open. It has been filled by David. Portfolio: https://soundcloud.com/xiphon_audio

- {PREFERABLY} Must be familiar with the sound design side of Unreal Engine 4.
    - Must be experienced with A) creating various types of sounds (running feet, wind, gun sounds, etc)
    - Or B) creating "Epic" style music. (Similar to: Halo, Narnia, etc).
    - Or C) both.

Finally, members will be treated respectfully and equally, as this is a team effort.

If you would like, you may apply for more than one position IF you know you can handle both and still work quickly.

Please apply or request more info at my Gmail: gavintsiukes@gmail.com, or my Discord: HyperShock#7064

Thanks, and good luck!

#1 HyperShock, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018