Crimson Fog demo (metroidvania)

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by LuigiLuigi, May 14, 2018.

1. LuigiLuigi

LuigiLuigi New Member

Crimson Fog is a 2D action adventure game inspired by Metroid and Zelda II - Adventure of Link that I've been working on via Game Maker Studio. You play as a bat named Ralph as he goes on an adventure to obtain 7 Crystal Medallions hidden in dungeons with the help of a cult known as the Crimson Fog. Along the way, there will be quests unlocked in Cedrus Village as you progress through the game.

Currently I only have a windows build available, and I really don't know how to diagnose system requirements.

The only gamepads currently installed are the Logitech Precision pad, Xbox PC controller, and the standard PC desktop controls that you'll be familiar with if you've played Terraria. I never got the gamepad detection figured out that well, so there might be trouble with gamepad connection. Details on the controller input are included in the uploaded file.

I was notified earlier about lack of savepoints and gameplay being repetitive, so I added some save points and made the 2nd half of the first area a little harder in this build. There is currently no music available, I'll try to get someone later on as none of the music I make can really fit the aesthetic.

I would like feedback on the overall gameplay. I put in a lot of work so far, which is all the more reason I'd like to know where it's faults are.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mitjd75hsrmlaq/Crimson Fog.0.2.zip?dl=0

Attached Files:

#1 LuigiLuigi, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018