Creating a new digital distribution platform targeted for ONLY Indie Game Developers

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by under445, Aug 25, 2019.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. under445

under445 New Member

Hey Guys,
    I've been thinking about creating a digital distribution platform targeted for only Indie Game Developers. The Indie Game Developer community is getting bigger every year, and continues to get harder for people to make their games stand out. I think having a platform strictly dedicated for Indie Games could be great for marketing Indie game developers/companies and their games. It would be like Steam in a way except no big companies would be allowed to have their games on the platform. The platform would only take around 10% from all game sales, which is much better when compared to Steam which takes 30%. Although it is meant for Indie games, the platform doesn't want to become over-saturated with bad games. Quality will be a big focus for any games to be accepted to the platform. Not AAA standards, for a game doesn't need a big budget to be fun. The quality will be strictly based off of the simple question of, "Is the game fun to play?". Let me know what you guys think. If I get a lot of positive feedback from the community I'm ready to get started on this project. Thanks everyone.

2. Dorianer

Dorianer New Member

Thank you for sharing!