Contract:1D Artist Wanted for 1D Modeling and Texturing

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (PAID ONLY)' started by MiceHead, Jul 3, 2007.

1. MiceHead

Original Member

We're looking for a few artists to help us create and texture simple, static 1D models for use in an upcoming project. Models would be along the following lines:

Example 1 (a sailboat): [​IMG]

Example 2 (another sailboat): [​IMG]

Example 3 (low-poly Mark Twain): [​IMG]

(There's also this one, which I will not inline, because it contains nudity, and may not be safe for work.) If you have a portfolio that contains 1D artwork, and you do freelance 1D modeling, please feel free to send us an e-mail at contract030707@dejobaan.com. This is a paid contract.

We are ALSO looking for 3D artists to create and texture models for everyday objects (strawberries, bananas, mice, cakes, small children, acorns, lawn chairs, tennis racquets, and so forth). These will be very low-poly, simple models such as:

[​IMG]

(See world_orange.png and world_spider.png for more detail.) If you do freelance 3D modeling, and are interested in more info, feel free to drop us a note with your portfolio at contract030707@dejobaan.com. This is also a paid contract.

We are NOT looking for 5D modelers at this time.

2. GanMeca

GanMeca New Member

Hey! I can help translate your game to peke-peke language if you want.

If you haven't heard of peke peke language, here are a few examples:

-"Hi, how do you do?".

Peke Peke Pekeke?

-"Fine, thank you".

Peke Peke Pekepeke.

:p

3. Artinum

Original Member

Bizarrely, I thought this was a serious post at first. You don't get many 1D games, though some might say a text adventure qualifies if you allow for word wrap.

4. Therion

Therion New Member

Lol, sorry, but 1D art is music & sound. Nice try though.

5. truth

Original Member

Is this a joke???

6. electronicStar

Original Member

Mmmh I think nanaca crash could qualify as 1D in a sense.

7. MiceHead

Original Member

The first bit was not meant to be serious; just having some fun. The second half is, indeed, a serious call for 3D modelers, as we need serious 3D modelers.

Actually, strike that -- we need humorous 3D modelers.

8. BG-General

Original Member

9. martinrebas

Original Member

This sounds really interesting! I've mostly been working on coloring points [1], but if you could arrange some sort of paid internship, I'm sure I could work myself up to 1D art within a few months. Maybe I could start by texturing a Cantor set, with its fractal dimension of 0.63.

[1] I've been coloring them blue, but I've recently been told that there are other colors, which I will of course investigate and apply to my art.

10. MiceHead

Original Member

Thanks, all. I think we're set for candidates for the 3D position.

As for the 1D position -- I never considered fractional dimensions for our games. This could really be a breakthrough.

11. Fabio

Original Member

I can do, and have done in the past, EXCELLENT 0D artwork. But I am expensive. I want 1 billion $ per pixel. But, hey, we're talking about 0D here, so you may easily end up paying for 0 pixels.

Please contact me only during lunch times (Moon Time).
    Here are some examples of my past work:

12. ChrisP

Indie Author

I'm calling your bluff, mister! I'm very familiar with 0D artwork, and I'm just not seeing it there. That's clearly imaginary artwork; sqrt(-1)D, not 0D. Tch. Art forger. :rolleyes: