Composer Looking for New Projects

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by Michael Lucas Engan, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Michael Lucas Engan

Michael Lucas Engan New Member

Name: Michael Lucas Engan
    Portfolio Link: YouTube, Soundcloud
    Contact Info: PM, Facebook or email: michael.engan@hotmail.com

I am a composer located in London, UK, and am currently looking for new projects to gain more experience. I am skilled at thematic composing; clear use of appropriate melodies, instruments and structures for whatever accompanied visuals.

If you have a project that you feel you could let me in on to compose for, let me know. No strings attached until we're both satisfied with how it works.

Want to see some of my works? Check out the YouTube link for my portfolio.

#1 Michael Lucas Engan, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. Michael Lucas Engan

"Lost in Snow" was made as a dark winter night-theme

3. Michael Lucas Engan

"Sand, Sun & Sea" was made as a Caribbean theme. Here it is in use with the game Portal Knights, where I've also allowed effects in music when being submerged.

4. Michael Lucas Engan

I just finished my dissertation on motifs in compostions for a BA (Hons) in Audio Engineering. My dissertation was accompanied by a practical component, an album of songs I composed for video games. Will upload a few in this thread.
    Always looking for new projects, but now I'm also looking for work in London since I just finished my degree. Anyone have feedback or know anything about work in sound studios in London for game, film, broadcast or music in general, please contact me!

Eternal Requiem is track no. 3 on the album and is minimalistic with the use of instruments: only guzheng, harp, flute, double bass and a gong.

Eternal Requiem was the first of the two songs used in my projects with gameplay from the game Dead Cells.

5. Michael Lucas Engan

Also from my dissertation,

The Truth is an accompanying ambience track made for a monologue

Despite Corruption is a song made for a cinematic intro

The Truth and Despite Corruption was the 9th and 10th track in my project made for footage from >OBSERVER_
    The voice acting is from the game, music and all other sound effects in both tracks are made by me.

Disclaimer: I do not own footage or voice acting

6. Michael Lucas Engan

Except for small ambient sounds in the background, Halls of Memories was composed for two pianos.
    Halls of Memories was composed as a background track for when the protagonist excavates the deep castle-like dungeons and slowly moves towards an event / finding out the truth which will throw her world upside down.

The track starts of simplistic, moves into its second phase at 1:48 and climaxes into its third phase at 4:03.