Composer and sound designer for hire

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by amppi, Jul 21, 2005.

1. amppi

Original Member

Composer for hire

Artist: Matias Puumala
    Site: www.amppisound.com

Yet another music composer here. I'm always open for offers from serious developers, paid and unpaid considered. I can write music in many different styles, but orchestral is my main forte. Here you can find projects which I've worked on in the past.

Well, here's a short rant from my site.

"Amppisound.com is a great source for excellent value royalty free production music and custom music production. Whether you need a frame-by-frame timed complete score for a film, a mood-setting full soundtrack for a video game, a background loop for a website, amppisound can help.

Are you an indie-developer, wishing for a "sound-alike", great sounding music for you production, in a cost-effective manner? You've come to a right place. We also have a vast collection of production music, immediately available for licensing and download. Every piece of music is also available for completely free download, for personal listening!"

Demos:

Download Music Demoreel - A compilation of my work over the years, quite well defines my style.

Demo1: Return to the Origin - A track with epic and adventurous feel. Massive and aggressive orchestration, with moving and catchy melodies. Includes full symphonic orchestra, choir and massive percussion and drum beds. Excellent for action and military/war, medium tempo. Similar to Hans Zimmer and Hollywood-style power anthems.

Demo2: Moonlit Forest - Fantasy themed, mysterious track with gentle instrumentation. Piano, woodwinds, beautiful strings, gentle women's choir, synth bells and percussion.

Demo3: Pieces - Light instrumental pop/rock, with typical band instrumentation. Including electric and acoustic guitars, electric piano, organ, bass and drums. Good for sitcom and alike. Medium tempo.

Demo4: Amant - Melodic trance with catchy chorus. Typical commercial trance instrumentation, including fat and powerful saw-type leads, tight drums, thumping bass, creaking synths and atmospheric pads. Fast tempo.

Demo5: Glow from the Abyss - Mysterious and atmospheric track. Slowly evolving synth atmospheres with touch of piano and electric guitar. Similar to Jean Michel Jarre and Vangelis.

I tried to select these demos so that they'd show off my versatile style. If you like what you hear, you can contact me through my site's contact form, or register on the forum. :)

Here's a complete list of songs which appear in the demoreel:

1. Return to the Origin

2. When Courage Prevails

3. Centaur Force

4. Holding the Line

5. Nuclear Dawn (unreleased)

6. The Last Escape

7. On a Border of the Town -- Ambush

8. Moonlit Forest

9. Marika

10. Listoriya

11. Glow From The Abyss

12. The Wind is Calling

13. Across the Dark Blue Ocean

14. Winter of the Dead

Happy listening :p

-Matias

#1 amppi, Jul 21, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  2. soniCron

Indie Author

3. amppi

Original Member

Yeah, maybe I should downgrade it a little bit more, so it would be 50% from original filesize. Then again, quality would suffer so bad, that it beats the idea of having lower quality demo at all.

But if someone really wants to save all of 1,3 megs worth of download time, well, that's possible. :D

4. soniCron

Indie Author

Whatever you do, don't forget that dial-up users are used to using dial-up, so they're familiar with low bitrates vs high quality.

5. amppi

Original Member

Updated the original post. :)