College Assignment

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Shadawing, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Shadawing

Shadawing New Member

Newbie here with a newbie question:

Is there any site with pre-done projects where you can download the project and mask it with your assets/models? Or if there's any guilde to make a one-room/one-level game similar to walking simulators these days?
    The point is, since I am an artist only and don't know anything about programming, I would like to create a walking simulator where a player interacts with enviroment (for example, player touches a symbol on the wall and the whole room changes color, walls etc) and if possible - with each change so does the controls change and more room open up. Hope I have formulated my question the right way. :D
    I've downloaded Unity and UE4 in hopes of creating something like that but I ended up asking myself if that's actually worth it, seeing all the confusing stuff in the engines. So I decided to ask you guys if this is actually accomplishable since I am doing it for my final work at Academy. It's actually more like an "art installation".

To sum it up, the game needs to be:

-3rd person
    -interacting with "walls", enviroment
    -change of controls everytime player interacts and change the enviroment
    -short demo

Thank you all in advance I hope this can actually work :) Sorry for bad english.

2. Feorang

Feorang New Member

Check out third person template of unreal engine Anda tutorial on making doors open. That should give you everything you need for most of it. Third person, interact with objects, and build up short demo, I'm assuming with art showcases. As for controls changing, are you talking "what happens when you interact with wall will change"? Or more drastic "movement changes from wasd to uhjk" type of nonsense.