codesign on mac?

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Jack Norton, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Since mountain lion comes out soon, I wanted to codesign all my mac apps. But I have no clue how to do it.

I know I must use the commandline codesign tool since I can't use Xcode for my Ren'Py games, but apart that I am totally in the dark. I would also like to try submitting to the mac appstore even if probably they'll be rejected, but just to see what happens...

Anyone has a VERY SIMPLE STEP BY STEP guide? I tried looking at apple docs but there are 310983021 pages with insane geek talk and no way I can understand that babbling :D

2. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Member

3. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Thanks, going to take a look :)

4. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Member

Note: I haven't done this yet either. I just bookmarked the links. Let me know how good the tutorials are. I'll be doing this myself in another month or so...

5. vbovio

vbovio New Member

There is "Building, Archiving, and Submitting Your App" video from WWDC 2012, they talk about how to sign your app either for app store or direct distribution, although that is for using Xcode, which is really easy to do IMO. I would also suggest asking on Apple forums about command line tools.

6. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Nevermind, Mousechief sent me a very nice python script that does it. My mistake was actually that I tried to sign using the .cer file rather than certificate name!!! :D Still can't submit to Mac Appstore but that's because of some Ren'Py limitations, but at least I can sell my mac games direct without the upcoming Gatekeeper breaking my users balls ;)

7. selva

selva New Member

For more information about this technology, look for other documentation in the Apple Developer Library.

Regards,
    Selva.
    Spice Powders Manufactures

8. selva

selva New Member

Manual pages are intended as a quick reference for people who already understand a technology.
    To learn how the manual is organized or to learn about command syntax, read the manual page for manpages

Regards,
    Kumar
    Packers and Movers Bangalore

9. wexford

wexford New Member

10. priyankasingh

priyankasingh New Member

Awesome to hear about technology but for web development and web designing services visit Wexford Infotech.
    Wexford Infotech is a Web Design Company based at Harris Park, Sydney with experienced website designers, web developers, and SEO Experts.

Regards,
    Priyanka
    Web design agency in Sydney