Coder looking for 2D artist

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by velenz, Jul 31, 2014.

1. velenz

velenz New Member

Good day,

I am programmer with 10+ years of experience, but only recently have discovered gamedev world. While studying game engines and making few small games I have suddenly realized that it's actually possible to implement anything I want. But all big things should start somewhere, so for two months I've been working on a 2D platformer. Right now for fun, but who knows what it will become?

The game is planned to be not hard, mostly for casual players. I want to create a strong lore and immersive atmosphere, kind of a game that tells a story. Think "Blackthorne" with rich storyline in a fantasy multiverse, full of demons, angels and other creatures hopping from planet to planet in different dimensions, stopping in limbo for a tea break.

What I have now:

• Working game mechanics, implemented on Unity3D
    • Game's world lore
    • Game design and storyline
    • Complete design of first world levels

What I am looking for:
    • Somebody to develop characters, create game assets (sprites) and backgrounds.
    • Optional: Partake in designing the world, lore and levels
    • Optional: Help me to rewrite monologues/dialogs into proper English (Which is not my mothertongue and I would like to avoid embarrassing mistakes)
    • Optional: Anything else you want to offer

Please contact me at dr.bormenthal at gmail.com
    Attach your portfolio/previous works and just generally tell about yourself.

Thanks
    Paul