Classifications of Testers

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Morgan Ramsay, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Morgan Ramsay

Morgan Ramsay New Member

2. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

He missed off 'designer testers'. That's the ones who come up with ideas for the game that are better than the ones the designers came up with in the first place.

Did a lot of that on Hardwar - most of the game ideas came out of the QA department because the people who actually designed the game were utterly sodding hopeless at it.

3. luggage

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I once had a tester tell me that car physics was easy to write as you just made it hover off the ground by a few inches and it would slide around corners on it's own.

"yeah, thanks for that".

4. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

That's awesome. :D

I think acronyms are silly, so I started referring to a class of bug we'd get from testers as a "T-O-C", Tester on Crack. I.e. bugs that clearly required QA to be high to see. The term caught on quickly, even the upper management was using it. Of course, most TOC's were false positives, but it was still fun to think the publishers were paying these guys to sit in a room toking up as they invented problems that didn't exist. It helped us forget we were slave labor. ;)

And to be fair, there were the odd occasions where P-O-C/C-O-C (Programmer/Coder), and A-O-C (artist) would be thrown around. ;)

5. Dushill09

Dushill09 New Member

How did u beta testers like the game? If u get good at the game do u own every single new person? Like in cs, if ur good ur en good and u can kill most ppl, in this game is it a little more fair, and more dependent on how u can think and be creative or somethin?