Citérémis - Aztaka

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by jmercier, Aug 11, 2008.

1. jmercier

jmercier New Member

Hi,

We have started a small independent studio (www.citeremis.com) few years ago and since, we crafted, almost “secretly” and every day, an epic action/RPG game named Aztaka (www.aztaka.com).

So here we are, few months before the release date (end of March 09) wandering how to get some help to complete our product and get connected with the “Indie” community.

In fact we are pretty new to all of this. Even if it’s not always easy we are very proud to be an independent game developer.

If you have any advice for us, comments, suggestions or helps, you are welcome. We are also pretty eager to know what the community will think about our first screenshot… so if you got some time, please take a look at Aztaka and give us your first thoughts about the idea of making an Old-School Action/RPG with today's technologies.

Thanks!

2. JGOware

Indie Author

Screenshots, demos, etc...in the thread please. ;)

3. jmercier

jmercier New Member

Aztaka's screenshots

Ooops...
    Here are few :

[​IMG]
    Level 4 - In the cavern
    [​IMG]
    Level 1- First Spell
    [​IMG]
    Level 1- At the waterfall with his mother's spirit

4. AlexWeldon

AlexWeldon New Member

Really beautiful artwork and design. Many of us could learn a lot by deconstructing what you've done.

As far as connecting with the indie community, I think you've come to the right place. It's a pretty serious, professional crowd here... I've found it very beneficial to be a part of these forums.

What sort of help are you looking for to finish the game?

5. papillon

Indie Author

Cool.

Talk to some of the RPG fansites, see if they'll give you preview-interviews, talk your game up a bit?

Coyote may be helpful.

6. zoombapup

Moderator Original Member

Love the colour selection, very earthy tones there. It is perhaps a little hard to determine what the gameplay is like. Maybe a video would be more useful for that? (I assume you have prepared some gameplay video's? if not, now would be a good time as you start ramping up for more press/marketing heat).

7. jcottier

jcottier New Member

beautiful art!!!

JC

8. jmercier

jmercier New Member

AlexWeldon:
    We still have some tiles and user interfaces to complete. So we are looking primarily for some 2D artist. Also, since we all speak French here, we are also looking for someone to help us with English’s dialogues and texts. Finally I would really be happy to have someone “championing” the game through the industry and getting people to talk about it. Oh, and few gamers that are willing to try/test the game around November… And since I am writing my Christmas list, a few more thousand dollars would be nice also :rolleyes: I should probably start a thread in the Help Wanted.

Pkeod :
    We are currently working to create a “filter” layer so that the actors will look more integrated to the universe. Our artists also share your point. Personally, I like the fact that they stand out a little, it helps knowing what can be dangerous (monster),destroyed and pickable (objects)

Zoombapup:
    We are going to have some “public” gameplay video near November. Right now the game is playable, but it’s not perfect enough. The game mechanisms are a mix of Battle of Olympus (NES), Super Metroid and a bit of Castlevania.