Chinese platform plan for mobile games of Android

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by JessieZhou, Jan 21, 2012.

1. JessieZhou

JessieZhou New Member

I'm Jessie Zhou from Rainbow Elements in China. We are going to build up a platform in China about Android Games. This is our new project plan in next 2-3 years,we hope to have more partners to do it together.

The operating process of the platform is as below:

1. To get your license to publish your old games in China ( "Old Games" means those have ended publishing in your local market )
    2. To localize the old games into Chinese and publish in China only.
    3. Chinese users will download the games for free and while they play them, the platform will introduce the studios more to them.
    4. Collect the game fans for certain game or certain studio
    5. When the latest game is coming, the platform will lead users to notice the game and try to bring more market opportunities (benefits) for studios.

If you are interested in this project or any suggestion/question, please tell me. Here is my office email: zhoujing@hongyuansu.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JessieZhou

JessieZhou New Member

One more information about Chinese market

[​IMG]

3. electronicStar

Original Member

It seems to be missing the slide where the devellopers get a reward for putting their games in that system

4. JessieZhou

JessieZhou New Member

It's not missing,currently we haven't ensure the final way yet. The platform will be a brand new one running by ourselves, our first purpose is to build it up and attract as many users as we can. So to studio, the first reward will be more Chinese game users attracted by your own old games, once you have more users, the coming reward can be from your own new games paid by users, or Chinese advertisers, or Chinese mobile device manufacturers.

If you are interested in it, do you mind giving me your email, I'd like to share more information with you.

5. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Or alternatively, speak with iDreamSky or several others who will do your translations for you and actually publish the game so you get paid?

Pass!

6. JessieZhou

JessieZhou New Member

No, we won't do that as iDreamSky, it's dangerous to get paid directly from Chinese users though Chinese market is huge. Chinese users are not used to paying for single games yet. That's also why we can't decide how to get paid via the platform though we want to. Compared to introducing the famous games into China, we'd like to introduce studios to Chinese users by their series games no matter they were popular or not. The platform will be only a bridge between Chinese users and foreign indie studios, we will pay for everything for operating the platform, up to now, we won't think about how to get revenue until the platform starts running well. We want to find more partners (studios) that would like to try it with us together.

7. lennard

I saw sales on 4 different SKU's of old products yesterday - I don't see why I would give up my long tail to build your traffic.

Not for me, thanks.

8. Applewood

I'd give it up as a bad job, Jessie. This is a board for commercial indies and you won't find anybody who thinks this is gonna fly. "Give us a free game and we'll like you for it" doesn't put bread on the table.

We are going with iDreamSky with both a paid and in-app advertising option via a chinese ad server. You say this is a dangerous option, but..
    Q: What's the worst that can happen?
    A: The same as your best.

There's also a certain amount of playground rules here. The Chinese economy is bigger than that of my country and third only to the USA and Continental Europe. If the Chinese people don't want to buy my stuff then that's fair enough, but I'm fucked if I'm just gonna give it to them. I'd like free stuff too you know.

9. Scharlo

Original Member

This is my new favorite quote from this board. I am wondering though, how dangerous on scale 1-10 you think this is ? Assuming 1 is selling fake Apple products and 10 is making fun of chairman Mao ?

10. jimflip

Original Member

Wow, not been here for long time, but this was worth it :)

11. JessieZhou

JessieZhou New Member

@ Scharlo
    take the ios game as the example, only 2% ios users pay for apps in China

12. JessieZhou

JessieZhou New Member

If you want to get money from this platform directly, you should give it up. But if you want to get more users to know your games and studio, it may be a good choice. Chinese users can play all kind of games as long as they can understand the game. What we do is to introduce games to them, bring you more users and simplize your work on this platform, be your costomer servicer in China. How to get benefit is still your own business. Our original intention is to bring Chinese users more good games legally instead of pirate or copy games. We won't get any share from your work or users once it start running.

13. Applewood

I get that, but I'd still prefer to work with a Chinese company who can actually monetise my hard work instead of expecting me to give it away.

Have you had any takers yet?

14. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

That's still better than it is on PC! Not only for Chinese market.

15. Jamie W

Original Member Indie Author

I'm not even get that!!

I have a 99.05% piracy rate for my game in China. For every 100 users of my game in China, only 1 (actually, just less than 1) of those users bought my game.