Children of Orc

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Bram, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Bram

Indie Author Greenlit

I'm happy to announce that my new title 'Children of Orc' has now entered Green-Light voting phase.
    I would love if you could check it out:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=767310804

Children of Orc is a real-time third-person strategy game, where you lead a colony of Orcs to freedom.
    It is set on a procedurally generated hex-sphere.

[​IMG]

I want to bring this game to Steam, but need your vote to make that happen!
    Thanks for checking it out!

Bram Stolk

2. Bram

Indie Author Greenlit

3. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

I like the rendering in the image above. Is it the final look / style you're going for or is it just placeholder? Because the gameplay part of the video on the steam page shows a very different rendering that looks less convincing and doesn't fit with the more detailed orcs.

4. Bram

Indie Author Greenlit

Yeah, sorry... the in game visuals are low quality compared to the rendering from blender you see above.
    I don't think the quality of above shot is possible, even if I were to use a commercial game engine.
    As it is now, I use my own simple shading on top of OpenGL.

5. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

I thought so. Maybe just removing the outline and playing with shadows could make up for a more distinctive style but I know how it is at this point : you have to fight on many fronts to make it interesting, not just the graphical front.

Good luck with the project.