Children games community exists somewhere?

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by speeder, Oct 2, 2012.

1. speeder

speeder New Member

Hello!

I decided to go the children games route, I found some people interested in opening a game company with me, and they noticed that they could not find apps on Android for their children, so we decided to make games for children...

Also I noticed that part of the marketing of a game comes from being active in some communities, everyone knows for example the success of the most popular people on TIGSource for example...

But I am not finding communities related to children games... Since some people here make games similar to the one I am making (I am making a game that falls between point and click adventure and hidden object game, but it is neither of those exactly), I wonder if anyone here can help me a bit :)

2. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Member

For mobile apps, check out http://momswithapps.com
    and their forum which is now at http://forum.parentswithapps.com/index.php

I haven't really found a community for desktop developers of educational/children's games, or for such developers irregardless of platform. I keep thinking maybe I should start one, but I'm not sure there are enough developers around to warrant the time/expense...

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix New Member

Nice idea man, there is a lot of potential with games for children.. lots of market share to be won.

4. Bearded Dog

Bearded Dog New Member

+1
    I'm working on games targeted at kids, though not necessarily educational.