Chains the puzzle game

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by dopeman, Nov 13, 2008.

1. dopeman

dopeman New Member

2. dopeman

dopeman New Member

We're happy to present an early port of Chains for the Mac.
    It's a 32-bit universal binary, but for now it's Leopard only.
    Backporting to Tiger is on the way.

We'd really appreciate any feedback on whether or not it works on your machine:
    http://2dengine.com/chains/demo.dmg.zip ~18 MB

3. dopeman

dopeman New Member

4. dopeman

dopeman New Member

5. dopeman

dopeman New Member

A new patch is available for anyone has purchased the game. Update includes:
    -Smoother physics
    -Revamped sound effects
    -Lowered CPU usage
    -Several other bug fixes

Download Chains 1.3 Update Patch

6. Murilo

Original Member

I played up to the fourth level I think and started having a heart attack because I couldn't read the white text over the yellow background, then when I was about to quit, my 10 year old kid took over and continued. She got to the next level, tried a couple of times and said it's too hard, having to keep the river flowing for 5 MINUTES, also it doesn't clog but you still get a game over according to her. She also mentioned that it sucks when the music stops that beating rhythm, that it gets boring.

Overall, I think you got a great game, man. I don’t like these match 3 games at all and this one kept me going for a few levels. It just needs some adjustments. And I second what others said about it being too slow, taking too long on the levels. Oh, it ran fine, apparently on the right speed. Good luck, man!

7. dopeman

dopeman New Member

Thanks Murilo. I'm glad you and your daughter liked the game. :) Yes I agree, the gameplay could be polished a bit more. Unfortunately, the game has been out for a few years now so we can't affort to go back and redesign the gameplay at this point.

8. dopeman

dopeman New Member