Casual Connect Indie Dinner

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by terin, Jun 27, 2012.

1. terin

Original Member

Hey Everyone,

I am starting the planning for the indie dinner at Seattle Casual Connect (July 24-26). I am MCing and advising the indie track (woo hoo) where I created a several hour long event focused on story telling, comedy, and how they all tie into games. Goes from 11:30 AM till 3 PM and includes people like Jeff Vogel, Kan Gao, and one of the guys behind Dungeons of Dremore. Takes place on the 26th http://seattle.casualconnect.org/content.html

Anyway, on with the dinner plans: Last year we did it at Red Robin. Anyone got a different suggestion this year? Or shall we Red Robin it again!?

Looks like there is the speaker dinner on the 25th, Wild Tangent's Aquarium party on the 25th (9 pm) as well. So, probably, the 24th? There is the indie mingle on the 24th at 6 PM. So I am thinking the 24th at 4:30 PM, which gives us 1.5-2 hours for dinner and chatting and then resume the fun at the indie mingle.

PS: Sorry if anyone is upset at me taking all the work of organizing this :D
    -Joe

2. TimS

Original Member

Waaah. No CC for me this year, sadly. Too much "real work" to do. Next time...

3. Musenik

Original Member

Hey Joe!

I'm so upset, I'd better attend. So I can vent all of my frustrations at you stealing my job- wait. That's right. I org the GDC indie dinner, not the CC dinner...

never mind

see ya!

4. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Sadly I shall not attend this year. CC is become less relevant to me each year although the indie track sounds cool. If I'd got a speaking engagement (like last year's panel) I'd have gone but now I'm saving the cash so I can come over for GDC next yet (I'm moving back to the UK this August you see)

Have a good one! See you all whenever!

5. terin

Original Member

Keith apparently has rage issues lately. Someone out there better be interested in attending this damn dinner! I am recruiting a bunch of my own contacts, but it would be nice to have people along I don't know so well.

-Joe

6. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

Like that guy?

7. Musenik

Original Member

Thanks for hosting the dinner, Joe. It was really great! I got to meet Jeff Vogel... (happy dance)

8. terin

Original Member

Belated thanks to all who attended (I think we had 11 or 12 people or so). Pretty damn sweet :D I felt popular!

-Joe