Casual Charts down?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by SLotman, Dec 18, 2011.

1. SLotman

Original Member Indie Author

Is it down for good? I've been trying to reach casualcharts.com for a couple of days, with no success...

If it's down, it's a pitty... it was a very nice resource to see in a single page the top game charts from all portals :(

2. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

It's been down all week for me.

3. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

Well, I guess it died. Even thiughh website was accesible, the stats haven't been updated... Too bad as it was a good service.

4. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Yeah I tried about a week ago. Shame as it was great.

5. Indinera

Moderator Indie Author

Yup I was following it too. It had some minor errors but overall it was a great source of information.

6. Musenik

Original Member

I go to big fish and check the top 100 hundred deltas. They are that market, and their numbers probably dominate the others. If iOS had better public statistics, that would be great!

7. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Lots of the other portals have a slightly different market than BFG. For example Match-3s and Time Management are still popular on some portals. Also other portals have the pay a monthly fee and play whatever games you want or ad supported and the devs get paid by the amount of plays or time in the games. For me those other revenue models surprised me with Spring Bonus and allowed some of the other portals to generate a competitive amount of revenue to BFG.

Just use AppAnnie for iOS stats.

8. SLotman

Maybe someone knows the guy behind casual charts, and he would be willing to transfer the site to someone else?
    It's a real shame such info to be lost...

9. James C. Smith

Moderator Original Member

Sorry the site is down. I let an old domain name expire that I didn't think would have an impact on CasualCharts.com but I wrong. I am working on a solution. I am glad to here some people still (try to) use my web site.

10. James C. Smith

appAnnie is fantastic. But there are some thing it can't do ( or I don't know how to make it do). A few geeks ago I was trying to use AppAnnie to fing the beast iOS game of 2011. I gave up and used casual charts to do it. When it works, the causal charts world map lets you set any date range and it summarizes the daily ranks in that range to find overall best games for the whole range.

11. James C. Smith

I got the sever back online. It looks like the historic data is there but nothing has updated in the past 4 weeks. I expect it to start updating again shortly. Feel free to nag me (I mean remind me) in email or on Facebook if it isn't working.

12. SLotman

Yay, great news! Thanks for making it available again!

13. Musenik

Original Member

Woot!

Thanks, James.

14. anikoy

anikoy New Member

Thank you, James!

15. TimS

Original Member

I was just checking this a few days ago... and found it dead. Glad to hear it's back!

16. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Nice thanks James!!!

17. anikoy

anikoy New Member

BTW, I've noticed that casualcharts.com now don't collect any data from some portals like GameHouse, WildTangent, Alawar etc. Is this OK or smth wrong?

18. ajin115

ajin115 New Member

Its not showing Alawar data but showing Gamehouse data