Can i Get Some Criticism

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by JPressDigital, Oct 20, 2011.

1. JPressDigital

JPressDigital New Member

I'm using Game Maker and ive made a 2d platformer i'd love to get some criticism if any one would care to its far from finished but i think its a good start

you can get it here

http://adf.ly/3FHKf

thanks

2. Pallav Nawani

Indie Author

Why should we sit through an ad to get to a dubious download?

3. JPressDigital

JPressDigital New Member

sorry i had that saved as the link here's the adless link

http://www.mediafire.com/?qr0xm59cv15abz0

and please scan it before you use it i'm not trying to virus anyone i just want some honest criticism

4. meds

meds New Member

Well I played the game, I like that you upt in the effort to do that simple story sequence in the start, little touches like that go a long way to making a product feel complete.

The game is a bit too difficult and I'm pretty sure the first level can sometimes become impossible to beat. There were tonnes of those birds everywhere and they all managed to corner themselves in one part of the screen trapping you there and unable to get out..

5. JPressDigital

JPressDigital New Member

I do appreciate the feed back and i will make adjustments based on that the blue bird problem is a known issue im working on.
    the story at the beginning i intend to fully animate later but i made a huge mistake by making all the sprites far too small but re-doing all of that now is gonna be near impossible.
    thanks again

6. JPressDigital

JPressDigital New Member

Also i see you work in audio mainly what did you think of the in game music?

7. meds

meds New Member

ah no I don't work in audio at all, Jessie Hopkins made a comment on my profile about offering his services to me which is where you probably think I do audio work comes from :)

Anywho if I were you I wouldn't owrry about making this game better, I'd get started on another one ;)

8. JPressDigital

JPressDigital New Member

Ah sorry then