California Extreme 2006 is this weekend!

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Larry Hastings, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Larry Hastings

Original Member

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages--I invite you to join the ranks of the contented old-skool arcade gamer this weekend in San Jose for California Extreme! CAX is a yearly "videogame expo": they rent out a large hall at the San Jose convention center, then they and their friends fill it with old arcade machines and turn off the lights. Everything's on free play--leave your quarters in your car's ash tray! It's like the arcades you remember from your youth, only ten times bigger. And there are plenty of rare games, and prototypes, and even well-maintained pinball machines sure to please the discriminating gamer. Be sure to check out the pictures from previous shows to get a sense of the scale of this fantastic show.

CAX is two days this year:
    Saturday, July 8th, 11am-midnight, $30
    Sunday, July 9th, 11am-9pm, $25
    Or buy a full weekend pass for $50 (save $5!)

Be sure to stop by and play my Earthshaker. Sure, there'll be a couple at the show--but mine will be the best one.

Edit: Silly me, got the dates wrong. Cut & paste error.

#1 Larry Hastings, Jul 5, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  2. TimS

Original Member

It seems there's a giant gaping hole between Frenzy and Front Line on the game list...

Seriously... show me a Frogger tournament and I'm there. Beyond that, looks like fun but won't warrant a flight to CA... : (