[C64] HOC INIT EXIT preview 2

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by saimo, Apr 22, 2010.

1. saimo

saimo New Member

Hi,

I'd like to inform C64 lovers that a new preview of HOC INIT EXIT - a toy game for the C64 I fiddle with in my spare time - is now available: check it out on CSDb.

[​IMG]

List of changes:
    - added music (by Richard Bayliss);
    - added hiscores;
    - added game over notification;
    - improved graphics in a few places;
    - made title screen colorful.

Enjoy!

#1 saimo, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  2. JGOware

Indie Author

uhh....Hot Tub Time Machine?

3. saimo

saimo New Member

If it's the name you're trying to decipher, well, "HOC INIT EXIT" is Latin for "WHAT(EVER) GETS IN, GET OUT". It derives from a joke among some friends of mine, but unfortunately it would be way too long and complicated to explain :p

4. JGOware

Indie Author

nope... I'll see if anyone gets the connection... ;)

5. saimo

saimo New Member

Ah, OK. So, does the "Time Machine" refer to the fact that the game is for a vintage machine?

6. CousinGilgamesh

CousinGilgamesh New Member

Isn't it a little limiting and exclusive to name your game something that is an inside joke only a handful of your closest friends will get and it's too complicated to explain? I mean unless this game is only really for you and your friends...

7. saimo

saimo New Member

Well, yes, it is exclusive; indeed, the whole game is an inside joke that has been created first and foremost exactly for my and my friends' fun. But the fact that later it has been released to the public (for free) and that it is not easy to give the insider explanations, doesn't mean the name and the gameplay should be changed ;)

8. electronicStar

Original Member

If this had been released during the life of the commodore 64, these graphics would have been hailed as AWESOME.

9. saimo

saimo New Member

Heh, thanks :D
    Indeed, lots of what gets produced these days for the C64 would receive the same welcome :)