Bumps iPhone Now FREE

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dyno Kid, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Dyno Kid

Indie Author

Utopian Games has decided to make Bumps FREE until 1.3 is released (1.3 submitted today).

1.3 Includes a brand new mini game called "Bump Drop" where you have to guide 100 Bumps past 3 cunning Aliens in a game of skill, nerve and judgement.

Bumps has been enjoyed by over 25,000 players worldwide and currently has a itunes review score of 4.5/5 stars for version 1.2.

Bumps reached #29 Top Paid and #17 Games.

Recent customer reviews:

Keep the updates coming and I don't see how this would not become a top 10 best selling game. Just as addictive and well made as the usual top spot holders. Awesome job devs!

One of the best adventure puzzles this year! Nothing to say more, that is an amazing game !

In my opinion, Bumps is the BEST puzzle game of the year!!!! Buy this game now, and you will not regret it.

Meets AND exceeds expectations! Bumps 1.2 FTW! I've been playing since v1.0 and loving it! Keep up the great work Utopian Games!

Regards,

Darren Spencer.

Utopian Games.

2. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Nice, it's really FREE or you put a in-app purchase? I heard is the new trend on iphone games :cool:

3. Dyno Kid

Indie Author

Really Free:)

Will put it back to paid after 1.3 is out or if by a slim chance it gets into the top 10 free.

Darren.

4. Dan MacDonald

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Good luck Darren, really interested to see how this turns out :)

(I already purchased my copy of bumps) :cool:

5. ZuluBoy

Indie Author

I'm still waiting for the iPad version ;)

6. richtaur

Indie Author

I just downloaded for iPad, I'll give it a shot tonight :) Thanks!

7. Reactor

Thanks, just noticed this today :)

If I enjoy it I'll pick up one of your other games (and leave a good review, obviously).

8. jcottier

jcottier New Member

Very nice game and well polished. WELLDONE.

A couple of things could be improve IMHO:

loading time: even when we restart a level, it seems you are reloading it completely.

when you restart a level, not everthing restart at the same position (some of the animated object don't reset their position.

JC

9. Reactor

Are you sure that isn't a Gamesalad problem? Every Gamesalad game I've played has loading times from hell.

After a play my feedback would be- there are a lot of moments in the game when the 'next' arrows actions aren't obvious. Will I go to the next screen, or will I go back to the map? It's hard to tell. Also, the music would be a lot less psychosis-inducing if it didn't restart for every level. I kind of like the main tune, but the constant restart drives me mad :)

10. Dyno Kid

Indie Author

Restart a level is instant unless you go to world map then restart, yeah long load times is something there fixing in the next update any day now.

Darren.

11. Makani

Makani New Member

Rated it 5/5 for iPhone! Very polished!