Bumps for iphone released...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DayDream, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Dyno Kid

Indie Author

Bumps has dropped out of the charts now:( it had a good all be it short run up there with the big boys reaching #29 top paid and #17 games.

It went from 86 games to 300 in less than 24 hours (same time we came off front page of app store).

We sold 20,000 units in 2 weeks and top 25 was 2500 a day, it's now selling around 50 a day.

Being in whats hot or N&N didn't really help us too much, it was the feature on the front of the store that resulted in the big downloads.

Sales halved when you went out of top 25 then halved again when you go out of top 50 and so on and a low top 100 will see around 600 sales a day.

Hope this helps.

We are looking at a Flash version (need to find a flash coder) because we think it could get a nice return.

Also talking to some publishers about a DS and Wii version but that's early days.

I have started on the iPad version and a new game so i hope we have a similar success with those.

Darren.

2. barrygamer

Original Member

Thanks for the sales stats. Actually, given all the doom and gloom associated with the app store, those numbers look good to me, gives me some hope :) Depends on your costs of course.
    Its true that if everything clicks and you hit the top 10 then you're in a different place altogether.

3. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Of those sales, which one are at $.99 and which at $2.99 ?

4. JGOware

Indie Author

Put the flash version way low on your todo list. You won't make much money at all from that version. Wii/Ds would be much better money. Actually, I'd go DS over Wii if you have to choose.