Building a pyramid

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Bram, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Bram

Indie Author Greenlit

So I am working on my new game, which I think is quite novel, and probably a world's first.
    I'm building a pyramid building simulator.
    Complete with 1000s of workers, each doing their own planning.

I wonder if someone has done a pyramid building sim before?
    I would love to have a reference.

In my game you need to manage the supply chain, create support buildings, and hire workers.
    Oh, and the UI is in Hieroglyphics (as in, the real deal from Ancient Egypt.)

Here's a screen shot:

[​IMG]

2. Tarvin

Indie Author

I vaguely remember seeing a game before that involved managing AI workers like a castle building sim on Steam before but I don't think I've heard of a game that was specifically a pyramid building sim before.

Could you share a bit more about what the game is like? It may help people think of comparisons.

Edit: I think I remembered what game your description reminded me of. It isn't a builder game so much as an excavation game involving Drwarves mining around on their own and you're tasked with keeping them from digging into areas that will kill them off. I think the actual name is Dwarves.

You might also check out the Stronghold series of castle building sims. There's also a Castle Builder Sim or something like that but I don't know much about it.

#2 Tarvin, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  3. dragonslumber

Greenlit

That sounds like a really novel idea! I don't think I've heard of a game like that before and I look forward to seeing how it develops. My only comment would be about the hieroglyphics UI. I think as a player I would be admitted by that, since I like to have my information at a glance, unless the goal was to teach hieroglyphics.

In any case, I hope to see more of this because the concept certainly had me intrigued.

4. Rob De Bank

Rob De Bank New Member

This is the first time I see a game like this. You can still improve this game.

5. Bram

Indie Author Greenlit

So yeah, there is a 'transcription' option that will show the english meaning on mouse-over :)

The game is pretty much finished and will be on Steam soon.
    http://stolk.org/imhotep/

6. Bram

Indie Author Greenlit

Thanks for the references! I will try to find videos of that Dwarves game.
    Sorry for the late reply, I should have subscribed to this thread.

7. Curry_

Curry_ New Member

That looks really cool. I've never seen a game about building a Pyramid. Maybe you could add more campaigns to build something like Mayans pyramides on a harder level?