Brickster v1.1 has been released

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Valen, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Valen

Indie Author

We have released an update to our breakout game Brickster. The new version contains 30 more levels, many balance changes, a graphical background, bug fixes, and other improvements. A complete list of changes can be found in the readme file that comes with the game.

Screenshot 1
    Screenshot 2
    Screenshot 3

Download Link

If you have any comments I'd love to hear them!

2. GameStudioD

Original Member

I am not a fan of the 'breakout' games, but your game is pretty cool. The sound effects are excellent and movement is smooth.

One thing that can be improved is the look of the power-ups. There is too much detail on the power-up icons. While playing, its hard to see what they are and its tough to differentiate between good and bad power-ups. If you look at the game Ricochet, their power-ups are smaller than yours but convey the same information better.

Good luck.

3. Valen

Indie Author

Hi GameStudioD, thanks for the compliments. I know what you mean about the powerups, I've heard some complaints about them. I will try to get them fixed for the next release. I'm also thinking of making the bad ones red and good ones green. That should help differentiate between them.