BOH, original retro-flavoured game released

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by saimo, Apr 10, 2009.

1. saimo

saimo New Member

Done. One-file self-installing package online.

saimo

2. princec

Indie Author

It's not so much knowing what a zip is, as being arsed to open the zip, unzip it somewhere, then go and root around for the files you just unzipped. I tend to ignore zip files these days because there's plenty of other stuff about to try that doesn't involve going through these hoops.

Likewise and almost as importantly... the uninstall. I install a lot of stuff, and I like to get rid of it easily too!

Cas :)

3. saimo

saimo New Member

Again, just to avoid any misunderstanding by who hasn't tried them yet, BOH and its demo have always had a regular uninstaller (and do appear in the installed applications control panel) ;)

saimo

4. saimo

saimo New Member

Hi everybody,

another quick update to inform the curious ones among you that the first draft of the developer's manual is now available for download on the DOWNLOADS page of the website.
    At the moment it covers only the creation of missions, but the rest is already being worked on.
    This release allows who wants to make his own missions to get started without having to wait any longer and, at the same time, will be useful to see what needs to be changed/clarified/added (so, please, do not hesitate to give feedback).

Enjoy,
    saimo

5. saimo

saimo New Member

Hi everybody,

I'm here once again to inform you that yet another version of BOH's demo is available.
    This update brings 4 new tutorial missions and the preview of the "castle" theme.
    You can download it from the DOWNLOADS page of the website as usual.

Enjoy,
    saimo

6. saimo

saimo New Member

Missions editor released

Hello again,

since this is a development-oriented forum, I hope I'm bringing a nice piece of news to you: Mark Ashley has just released a nice editor that allows the creation of new BOH missions! You can find all the details in his announcement on Amiga.org.
    Many thanks to Mark, I hope his hard work will be rewarded with lots of new missions!

saimo

#66 saimo, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  7. saimo

saimo New Member

BOH theme "castle" released

Hello,

I'm back again to let you know that another additional theme for BOH has been released: castle turns you into a knight who has to explore the dark recesses of infested castles and, with his magic gauntlet, defeat the dreaded Evil Masters.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The theme can be downloaded for free from the DOWNLOADS page of BOH's website and is included also in the demo.

#67 saimo, Jun 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  8. JGOware

Indie Author

With all due respect, this is an annoucement forum to announce games not bump the thread for level updates, etc. Save that for your blog or your own website. ;)

9. saimo

saimo New Member

Ah, sorry. I just didn't think it could be a problem. I'll stop posting about updates, then. Apologies again.

saimo

10. saimo

saimo New Member

BOH updated and ported to Linux

Hi all,

with regard to what had been said in the posts above, I hope that the fact that with the update I'm presenting in this post BOH lands on Linux is sufficient to justify the post itself.

Quite fittingly, after 4 months since the original release, update4 is made available ;)

Specifically, this update:
    * makes the game run natively on Linux (requires an x86 CPU, SDL 1.2 and SDL_mixer-1.2);
    * avoids the restart of the whole program upon theme change (very useful when playing in full screen, as the monitor does not need to re-sync);
    * adds themes randomization options;
    * adds the "USE ENHANCED WEAPONS" option (makes killing enemies easier);
    * slows down the blinking of the automapper direction indicator;
    * adds video mode suggestions;
    * fixes a minor bug in the zoom selection handling (in rare cases it could cause an illegal memory access);
    * fixes bad centering at 4x zoom (a couple of parentheses were missing);
    * links the AmigaOS version to the latest SDL;
    * links the Windows version to a fresh build of the custom framework (by mistake an outdated framework had been used with the consequence that, on some machines, input handling was partially broken);
    * includes some graphical retouches to the themes "castle" and "warm";
    * adds synopses to the phases of the mission "tougher and tougher";
    * updates and improves the user's manual;
    * improves some translations;
    * applies some other changes.

BOH owners can enjoy the update by downloading it for free from the DOWNLOADS page of the official website.
    The demos available on the same page have been updated to reflect the changes.

Enjoy!