BMT Micro (an affiliate point of view)

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Digital Entanglement, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Escapee

Original Member

Thanks Jack, I totally overlooked that function. ;)

2. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Yeah I leave all my BMT links at never expire and also uploaded an update to the same link, so that was cool.

@GolfHacker: So can that Plimus link crapness be deactivated? It's annoying.

3. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Member

Nope. No way to turn it off or configure it.

4. Jack Norton

Indie Author

I am shutting down my Plimus account, so everyone who was still using Plimus links, please update to BMT. I'll be likely setting up Fastspring as backup vendor now :)

5. Thomas@BMT

Thomas@BMT New Member

BMT makes a good backup vendor for BMT. :)

6. Digital Entanglement

I've been starting to get spam through Plimus, consider me unconverted, the originator of the OP :p

7. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Yeah... not sure why you need a back up vendor. Personally I also use Trialpay but that's because they bring something unique to the table.

8. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Well since I have so many games I like to have a backup. You never know what is going to happen. I remember once 3 years ago there was a problem on my BMT page (probably my fault, don't remember). Was just 1 day but I was able to change my php redirect script to plimus and never lose a sale. When you start selling a lot directly, I think is ESSENTIAL to have a backup system in place, just in case 1 day a year you have problems :D
    (I'd say that having only 1 day of problems in 5 years of BMT is a very good average anyway)

9. Thomas@BMT

Thomas@BMT New Member

I understand what you're saying.....

Keep in mind we're working with thousands of developers, many of them selling very hefty amounts in terms of volume and $$$ and I would guess than 99% of them don't have multiple processor options.

My guess is that since bmtmicro.com was registered in 1994 we've been offline probably less than 48 hours - and that includes back in the old days when a T1 was really something. :)

10. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Yes in my case was not downtime but some javascript thing. I've never seen BMT down honestly :D