Blue Heaven (under development) - Feedback appreciated

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Brainworm Games, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Brainworm Games

Brainworm Games New Member

[​IMG]

Blue Heaven is an adults-only action-RPG mixed with Hack & Slash that tells a bloody story from the perspective of an asocial and nihilist mercenary who works enforcing the law in a decadent futuristic cyberpunk universe where good and evil are almost indistinguishable and dirty sex, deadly drugs and decomposing corpses are easy to find in the dark alleys of every metropolis. Soon he will have to leave his world behind and explore unknown lands to save by force of sword the last bit of humanity he has left, finding himself involved in a conflict of unforeseeable magnitudes.

More information about the game at http://blueheavengame.com/the-game/

Follow us on Twitter (@BlueHeavenGame) to be informed about our work!
    You can follow us on Facebook too (https://www.facebook.com/BlueHeavenGame/)

Give us your feedback in this thread and we'll be glad to answer your questions [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Some music:

#1 Brainworm Games, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. Brainworm Games

3. Brainworm Games

More concept art of M0N1C4, one of the main characters of Blue Heaven.

[​IMG]

4. Brainworm Games

5. david15

david15 New Member

so cool. i like it

6. Brainworm Games

Thanks!

7. Fruity

Fruity New Member

Absolutely amazing, I like the art a lot !

8. Brainworm Games

Thanks! We're proud of our artist :) What's your opinion about the ambient music?

9. Fruity

Fruity New Member

I love that style, it seems like something I would listen to! Really, really awesome. Good job!

10. Brainworm Games

Thank you! We really appreciate your comments :) We'll post more content as soon as we can.

11. Fruity

Fruity New Member

Thank you, that would be awesome, I looked on your website the game seems so good!

12. Brainworm Games

Hi together! I'm sorry for not being able to share more stuff but we're working very hard at the moment. I would like to ask you about which text fonts do you think they are uncomfortable, confusing or hard to read from the next ones:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Brainworm Games

14. Brainworm Games

In order to celebrate that we broke the 1000 followers barrier at Twitter, we want to share with you another theme of the soundtrack of Blue Heaven, intended to sound during combats in the city

15. Akshit Sharma

Akshit Sharma New Member

That's just... Amazing!

16. Brainworm Games

17. BeardedVFX

BeardedVFX New Member

Stunning concept art! Your composer also did extremely well to capture the visual story. I am also curious what else you did with the set up in the park? Was it just to get a reference of how the camera would be positioned?

18. Brainworm Games

Thanks! Almost all the animations that we need for the game are first filmed. Then we do rotoscopy to draw the final animation in pixel art. What you see there is the set of 8 cameras, 1 for each point of view (characters can move in 8 directions in an isometric perspective). Since we need a lot of space, we're forced to do it outdoors, and a court is the most plain surface we could find.

Here you can see us in action: http://blueheavengame.com/2016/12/19/from-the-kitchen-to-the-table/

19. BeardedVFX

BeardedVFX New Member

This is an extremely fascinating process that I didn't know occurred! Thank you for explaining and linking to the multiple videos. I definitely learned a lot today about something new in my eyes. I can see how this process can make things easier for animation (at least I assume).

20. Brainworm Games

Well, it allows us to make more realistic animations by simulating the """isometric""" perspective but it's not like traditional rotoscopy, I mean, choosing which pixels to include in every frame is hard, it takes time. Besides, mounting all the filming set requires much effort and time, and the risk of something going wrong during every session is quite high. But we've learnt a lot and perfect the process (we've recorded 8 times so far) and everything goes smoother now :) . I'm glad you like it.