Blender Modeler

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (PAID ONLY)' started by ProgrammingFreak, May 7, 2007.

1. ProgrammingFreak

Original Member

Hello, I am looking for someone that can model graphics in Blender. Of course I will pay(you) for modeled graphics I use in my game. All I ask is that you know most of Blender and can make stunning models from it. I am looking for humans, vehicles, landscapes, etc.

2. Bad Sector

Original Member

I think that for such specific requests, you should post on a forum where 3D artists gather, such as the polycount boards.

3. WaveRider

Indie Author

Why does it have to be blender?

4. Bad Sector

Original Member

Possibly for exporting reasons... although if that's the case, i would recommend both he and the artist to use the COLLADA file format which aims to bring a common file format for all 3d modellers. It's a filefomat supported by Khronos (the same organisation that is responsible for OpenGL now), so it has some 'standard' thing to it... and well beyond that, there are plugins for Max, Maya and Blender that can load and save files in the COLLADA format, so all you have to do is put the COLLADA plugin in Blender and ask the artists to use the appropriate plugin for his 3d modelling tool in order to give you a COLLADA file. After that just open the file from Blender and export it with your script.

You could also write a python script that does batch conversions... i think.

5. ProgrammingFreak

Original Member

Well it can be any 3D modeler, I just chose Blender cause it was free to use and you can sell your creations with it

6. karan_s

karan_s New Member

Blender Artist

Hi,
    I am a 3D modeler and I use Blender.

Please let me know more about your project.
    Thanks

Karan

#6 karan_s, May 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  7. ProgrammingFreak

Original Member

I'm still looking, just to let you guys know.

8. esrix

Original Member

You'll need to give more details. Are you looking for realism or a stylized look? Sci-fi, medieval, fantasy? And what polycounts are you shooting for your characters? I'm a blender modeler, too, but I can't say I'd be willing to work with almost no details about the project. I mean, I understand if you want to keep it under wraps, but at least imply a genre and/or subject matter.

9. ProgrammingFreak

Original Member

It would be a racing game similar to Gran Turismo. So I would need models of cars, also since I can't afford to pay for licensing of real cars, they would have to be made up, but can be based off of real car designs, also I am looking for someone that model the cars to look damaged as well, for when they crash and stuff. Also someone that can model tracks and landscapes. I hope that gives a little more info.

10. karan_s

karan_s New Member

hi, I just send a PM,
    Yes I can model cars

11. ProgrammingFreak

Original Member

12. karan_s

karan_s New Member

So when do you want to start ?

13. ProgrammingFreak

Original Member

I can start whenever. Just tell me when your ready