Award-Winning Composer - Hello IG Community :)

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by Pedro Camacho, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Pedro Camacho

Pedro Camacho New Member

[​IMG]

Artist: Pedro Macedo Camacho
    Site: http://www.musicbypedro.com/

Short Description about me: Composer and Orchestrator, Independent Games Festival (IGF) Excellence in Audio Award Winner (Audiosurf), I love games, I have scored quite a lot of games already :)

Some old stuff I composed:

Some recent stuff:
    http://www.musicbypedro.com/0000_stuff/PMC_Afterfall_Awakening_Heroes.mp3
    http://www.musicbypedro.com/1_The_Hunt/PMC_Hunting_to_Survive.mp3
    http://www.musicbypedro.com/2011_music/PMC_Heavens_Hope.mp3

Thank you!!!
    -Pedro

#1 Pedro Camacho, Sep 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Cartman

Indie Author

Fantastic work Pedro. I'm eager to get started on an RPG now, just to have your music in it. :) I really like the Gaia Under Attack piece.

3. Pedro Camacho

Pedro Camacho New Member

@Cartman

Thank you very much for your kind words. If my music inspires you to start a new game that is one the best cumpliments I have ever recieved.

I also checked your website and I think your games look great!

Some more stuff (edited in 2011)

Short Description about me: Composer and Orchestrator, Independent Games Festival (IGF) Excellence in Audio Award Winner, I love games, I have scored quite a lot of games already :)

Some old stuff I composed:

#3 Pedro Camacho, Sep 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  4. Cubies

Original Member

Just looking for some insperational pieces of music, love your orchestral Gaia Under Attack. Doubt I could afford this quality in music.

5. Pedro Camacho

Pedro Camacho New Member

Above all I am gamer, and I love to help making great games. If you have a really good project in hands you may be surprised with some really competitive rates I can give you.

Also I am an easy going person so why not trying to reach over msn?
    (msn) pedro.camacho@jazzclube.com

Kind Regards,
    Pedro Camacho

6. whisperstorm

Original Member

Pedro your work is very inspirational! I'm working on a title that this style of music would be perfect for. If I can get it beyond the prototype phase I'll be contacting you :)

7. Pedro Camacho

Pedro Camacho New Member

Whiperstorm, you can't imagine how glad I am to have the privilege to inspire a developer to make even greater games. :)

Feel free to contact me as soon as you have reached alfa testing phase with some concept art to give me the correct picture of the world you are trying to create (normally this is the best time to start composing).

8. iGame Omaha

Original Member

That "Gaia Under Attack" piece sounds like music you hear in WoW, actually. Very good quality stuff. Kudos, Pedro!

Omaha

9. Pedro Camacho

Pedro Camacho New Member

Hello Omaha,

It is a real pleasure to hear such compliment from you!
    Also congratulations on your great iGame Radio, I really like your shows! (I am actually hearing this week's show now :) ).

Warm Regards,
    Pedro Camacho

10. VaderSB

Indie Author

After having a talk with Pedro, I have to say that he's not only a brilliant composer (I really like his music!) but very creative and open-minded person who really loves music. I hope he'll stay with us in indie game scene for a long time!

11. Pedro Camacho

Pedro Camacho New Member

Thank you very much Vader,

I am really glad you enjoyed my work and it was a pleasure to speak with you! :)

I will be always open to work for the indie community, even with my current AAA developer work in hands.

I do this because I simply love indie games. Beautiful 2D games are one of the things that I love most (I can't tell you how many hours I already spent in Wik and the Fable of Souls. I think I have a record time on every level).

Indie Developers are a must, and everyone should support their existence.

#11 Pedro Camacho, Oct 12, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  12. Pedro Camacho

Pedro Camacho New Member

Good news! Although there was a problem with my submission and my soundtrack was not considered in its whole (in fact they just considered one music), I still got an excellent Honorable Mention for best Soundtrack in GAMES2006 International Festival.

13. Thomas-

Original Member

Well hello there Pedro, greetings from the G.A.N.G forums! :)

Again, your work for Rob Papen on the BLUE synth is fantastic (SynthQuest Blue).

14. tone

Original Member

Nice work

Pedro.. I am noting your page in my bookmarks. I really enjoy the depth of your work. If I get to the point where I need music, your style and skill would be just the gravitas my game (Elizabethan Whack-a-Mole) requires.

tone

PS: Only kidding about my game title, but that would be a nice Indie concept

15. Pedro Camacho

Pedro Camacho New Member

@Thomas

Hello Tom! Nice to see you here too :) Thank you very much for your kind words. As soon as I get some time I will make some demos for other Synths, its fun and challeging.

@tone

Thank you very much for listening to my music! I am very lucky to have such nice community in this forum hearing my work, and above all, get a positive feedback from all of you.

I am sure I have a lot to learn, we all do, but my strongest point is that I put my goals really high. I don't satisfy myself by doing a "cool sounding" orchestral piece, it is too easy with such wounderful orchestral libraries in every corner. I try to use them to make an inspiring soundtrack.

I don't want players to say: "Hey this sounds really good, he is a good composer"
    but more like:
    "Wooo, this is awesome, which game is using this music? I want to play it!"

Much like the SynthQuest BLUE track I made, I listened to all demos and set my goal to sound better than all of them. If I don't push myself to my extremes, I am condemned to become just "another composer".

By the way the title rocks! :p

16. Pedro Camacho

Pedro Camacho New Member

New composition - In Hell We Survive

I don't usually release music to the public, but I think this one is interesting to hear.

I composed it as a demo for an AAA Developer. I only had 3 days to compose, mix and masterize it.

I think it successfully shows how to blend choir, orchestra, metal, synths and some sfx to provide the correct futuristic and apocalyptic atmosphere to the title music.

17. Encore Music

Encore Music New Member

In Hell We Survive..
    Love it...dark edgy and powerful.

Nice one dude!

Mike

18. Pedro Camacho

Pedro Camacho New Member

Thank you very much Mike. I feel honoured to have a compliment from such a talented musician!

Please add me on msn, pedro.camacho@jazzclube.com, I would really like to speak with you!

Cheers,

Pedro

19. Pedro Camacho

Pedro Camacho New Member

Just to tell IG community that I have recieved an unexpected and honorable invitation to be part of the next iGame Radio show hosted by Omaha Sternberg :)

#19 Pedro Camacho, Oct 20, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  20. Ricardo Vladimiro

Indie Author

Hi everyone, been a bit absent in the last few months, but the reason is gamedev, so not everything is bad.

Anyway, I spoted Pedro's thread here. I know his work and we get along nicely being both Portuguese and talking a lot about music and gamedev.

I'm a musician but I don't write anything for games, only for my personal gigs. And that's because of professionals like Pedro. He is trully inspirational, technically astonishing and very thoughtful regarding the needs of the people he works with.

Just try his work out. You'll love it.

V