Attack of the Creeps (tower defense)

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Danimal, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Danimal

Indie Author

Just finished a tower defense game and would appreciate any feedback. I posted this once before, since then I've added different levels, online high scores, worked on the controls and balancing. I've also just finished a website for it. There's info on the website on how to play.

Download

Screenshot
    Screenshot
    Screenshot
    Screenshot

2. lakibuk

Indie Author

I've got issues.
    1. Long loading(?) time on startup. Window (not fullscreen) was white while i waited quite a time. Thought it might had hung up.
    2. Texts are not drawn! Only the ones on the gray menu buttons.
    3. Closed app, then got this main.cs error message on start again. Unable to play again.

edit: Note, i still had the old version installed before installing new one.

3. Genimo

Indie Author

I was just going to post exactly the same problems as lakubik above.

Also here is screenshot just in case

Attached Files:

4. Danimal

Indie Author

Ouch! The fonts should be fixed, hard to test though.

The installer sets the shortcut's working directory which fixes this. Odd that you got it.

5. lakibuk

Indie Author

Ah yes, starting directly from the directory prevents the main.cs error. But i get "30 minutes have expired".

6. Danimal

Indie Author

Yay! nothing works.

Using Armadillo for the DRM, hrm.

7. lakibuk

Indie Author

Maybe my 30 minutes are over, they have expired in the first version.

8. Danimal

Indie Author

Someone got 164376 points in level 1. Who is piggy and did you really get those points or did you somehow hack it?

9. NathanR

NathanR New Member

Wondering out loud why a beta test release has a 30 minute time limit.

For example: I'm slow, it takes me a while to play something over and over and formulate some really useful understanding of the balance so I can give you feedback of any quality.

Also I quit the game after playing for about 10 seconds because there is no text in any window. If thats fixed, link us a new build. I like tower defense and would enjoy beta testin yers. :)

10. jcottier

jcottier New Member

Do you really want to post a full version of your game on public forums? Even at beta stage.

JC

11. Pyabo

Original Member

Of course! Don't be paranoid. Just make clear it's a beta build in some graphics... maybe even put a date limiter in the code. Why would you limit potentially good feedback from beta testers by limiting it so severely?

12. Danimal

Indie Author

As far as I know all of the problems are fixed and that link is update. Make sure you uninstall.

You can play as long as you like as long as you don't close the game. If you have played for more than 30 minutes next time you start the game it requires a key.