Atlantis Sky Patrol (etc...) composer available for freelance work

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by sound app, Sep 22, 2006.

1. sound app

Indie Author

Artist : jean-marc lederman
    Site : http://www.jmlederman.com

The days where just bleeps and clinks were enough for the audio side of the game are over...

Hi all,

For those of you who want music & sfx to be a real part of the gaming experience, i have something to offer...

I work real hard and never let go before it's done, I work relentlessly so we, the people who do the games, and them, the people who buy them, can all have a real immersive experience with an AAA quality game. Even in casuals.

In the last 15 months, I composed the music and created the sfx on games like Atlantis, Fairies, Mystic Inn, Atlantis Sky Patrol and Titanic Hidden Expedition. I did some movies, too. Horror flicks, mainly :)

I'm not cheap, but hey so is your game and the time you put in: at the end of the day, we all want to be proud of what we achieved and evolve to do even better games.

I'm looking for exciting new projects to work on, be them indies or majors, as freelance. I'm looking for enthusiastic teams who really want to make great games. I don't want to just do the music and the sfx in your game, i want to be part of the creative process cos it matters that all the elements of your game are felt as ONE when it's done.

Hit me: www.jmlederman.com

jean-marc lederman

2. Emmanuel

Moderator Original Member

I obviously highly recommend Jean-Marc. His work really elevates our production values, he has a real style that makes our games audio stand out, and he brings a lot of realistic ideas to add gloss to our games (such as the songs in Fairies and Mystic Inn, that he produced on his own). If we had enough projects to keep him busy all the time, we would keep him to ourselves! :)

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

3. Skinflint

Original Member

I've been playing a lot of Atlantis: Sky Patrol recently, and I wanted to say that I thought the audio effects were well done. After about 5 minutes I knew that someone talented had really cared about the audio effects, so good job.

4. sound app

Indie Author

merci Emmanuel :)

jm

5. sound app

Indie Author

well, thanx but more than that it's really days and days of (sometimes hard but more often fun) work, going back to making more sounds, trying out new approaches and just going at it relentlessy until everyone is happy with it.

:)

jm

6. Skinflint

Original Member

That's cool. In case it didn't come across well, I meant that after 5 minutes of playing the game the love and care in the product was very apparent.

I make all the sfx for Reflexive games, so I definitely understand the drawn out process of attention that making sound effects can be. I love it too.

7. sound app

Indie Author

don't shout "TOO" too loud :) .
    To me, sfx is the harder part in the audio side of a game.
    They can be SO hard to do and to find, and sometimes what seemed obvious in a game just doesn't cut it in the next one.
    Then you try something different and it will just blend in and THERE is that "reward sound" you were looking for...

I recall hours and hours of work on a simple particle sound, and we all know how much Emmanuel loves them particles ;) or trying to get that exact sound a dragon does when it fly in Mystic Inn. When is the last time you heard a dragon flying low ? I mean a REAL one :)

an SFX is a sound that has to be totally peculiar but also totally non obstructive cos it has to survive 100 levels of the game. There are so many approach possible of the same dilemna: it has to be very special and rewarding but totally invisible at the same time.

Skinflint, thanx for the nice words, I appreciate.

http://www.jmlederman.com

8. cliffski

Yo. Jean-marc did the sound effects and some music for my new game:

http://www.rocklegendgame.com

With it being a music-based game, it was obviously essential to get everything sounding right, and he did this very quickly and effectively. I'm really happy the way it all sounds. There would be more music and sounds in there if I was not worried about keeping the pesky file size down.

he didn't do the throat-clearing bit in rehearsal. That's me :D

Anyway, Highly recommended and I'd certainly use him again!

9. Falcan

Indie Author

I've got JM recommended to work on our upcoming game as well (I'll post a link as soon as it's out:). He does great work, what I saw as his biggest advantage (besides quality and >speed<) was his flexibility, he modified the first tracks that were different style to again - totally different style - and the result was exactly what I wanted. If you think (when you look at his site), that he is capable only to do great, but "dark" melodies - you are mistaken - he can also create excellent light-hearted tunes, that I have got now in my game.,btw. ;)

10. sound app

Indie Author

for those interested, I updated my website with my latest works and samples (more than 25 different pieces to listen to).

11. sound app

Indie Author

hi all,

I placed on www.jmlederman.com some samples from the "Kudos Rock Legend" and "Fever Frenzy" games I did recently.

Already up there are extracts from the soundtrack I did on several games like "Titanic Hidden Expedition", "Atlantis Sky Patro"l, "Fairies", "Mystic Inn", a MMO RPG (still in works).

If you need a soundtrack with that little je ne sais quoi to help you raise the CR on your games, call me in!

Bonne journée ! :)

12. Pallav Nawani

Indie Author

Jean-Marc did some great work for our latest game, Turbogems. He is a very professional guy, works fast and does a very good job. There is some very good music & sfx in Turbogems, thanks to JM. I recommended him highly.

13. sound app

Indie Author

Thanx Pallav ! It's been really fun and interesting.

It's also captivating cos in the last 4 months, I worked on an english game (Cliffski's Kudos Rock Legend), a Czech game published by an american company (Raibow Creatures' Fever Frenzy developped for Legacy) and your sci-fi game (for Ironcode, an Indian company) and now I've just started a game for a company in NYC :) kinda gives me a global edge I guess ;)

I uploaded quite a few musical samples of these works and others games I worked on at http://www.jmlederman.com/listen.html

you have there extracts from Atlantis, Atlantis Sky Patrol, the infamous Fairies, Mystic Inn, Titanic Hidden Expedition, but also Kudos, Fever Frenzy and Turbogems plus some work I do for a SF based MMO: Force Of Arms

14. Chris Evans

Jean-Marc did the theme music for our upcoming game, SocioTown.

He was a pleasure to work with. Jean-Marc strives to make the client happy but he's not afraid to give his honest opinion, which I think is important. It definitely creates a nice team experience coming up with a music piece.

I highly recommend him! :)