Atari 2600 Freeway on iPhone/iPad (Free!)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Nemo Games, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Nemo Games

Nemo Games New Member

Hi,

I'm Mojtaba from Nemo Games.
    We've just released Freeway (atari 2600 game remake) for iphone/ipad.
    We tried to make the exact clone of this fantastic game with its marvellous atmosphere in every possible aspects of the original game (sounds, graphics, gameplay, scoring, etc.) and added few touches here and there, like adding OpenFeint for online scores.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YouTube Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gl6_6cOdfc

More Info on Game Website:
    http://www.nemo-games.com/freeway.html

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/NemoGames

It’s Totally Free!
    [​IMG]

Nemo Games:
    - Atlantis Invaders (Atari 2600 Atlantis)
    - Bermuda (Atari 2600 Bermuda)
    - Finger Rider
    - Max My Sum

Don't forget to rate and review Freeway ;)

2. Jim Buck

Indie Author

As people were (I'm now guessing) too subtly saying/asking in the Bermuda thread, how are you not worried about Activision coming by with a cease&desist and suing for good measure? In the Bermuda thread, you even say you took pictures from the original game and used them. I get that Freeway is free, but that doesn't change the legalities. And you *are* selling the Atlantis and Bermuda games.

You even use a picture of an Atari 2600 in the Freeway game, which I am guessing even Atari would not be very happy about. Not to mention you use Miis in your splashscreen.

3. Nemo Games

Nemo Games New Member

Ok.

First of all, you are right!

We've seen other groups selling the exact clones of retro games like Adeventure (He's removed it just recently).
    We have a midterm plan to remake retro games, we will remove them after a few months.
    And Yes we know that it doesn't matter if we sell these remade games or release them as Free...

Of course there is a high risk of getting sued that we have to deal with! But we just loved these memories! ;)

About the Atari picture I don't think it would a problem!

4. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

Oh you won't get sued... You might get iOS perma-banned though.