Assets used for free game?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Anish Pithakote, Feb 18, 2019.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Depends

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anish Pithakote

Anish Pithakote New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a Games Tech and Design student in my second year and I have made a game on the side for mobile. I want to publish the game in the Play Store for Android and I do not want to make money out of it. I just want to have a free game on the play store because I want to experience publishing games on platforms accessible to majority of people and enjoy what I have done. The problem is i do not know anything about copyright laws and legal stuff and I have used some assets from the internet where they have said the asset can only be used for personal use.

I want to know if I could get in trouble for using those stuff for a free game (no monetization). and if i have to refer the original creator, how would I do it?
    Sorry if it is a common and silly question but I have no idea whatsoever on the legal stuff. I looked it up on the internet and have found out that if the game does not make money i can publish it and some said that i could get into legal trouble if i am not careful about it.

Thanks,

muttsang