Artwork that comes with XNA Creators Club

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by roussec, Jan 23, 2007.

1. roussec

roussec New Member

Hi,

does somebody know if the Artwork/Models that come with the XNA/Creators Club are useable and if I can use them in commercial projects on other platforms (license wise not technically)?

Thank you.

2. mpolzin

mpolzin New Member

You are asking about two different things. If it is from Microsoft's Space Wars or that they released for people to use to learn XNA, then yes you have free licence to do what ever it is you want.

Creators Club content, although free is still owned by the author, so no you couldn't use that with out permission of the author.

3. roussec

roussec New Member

Thank you. Is the artwork of good quality or is there any preview available?

4. mpolzin

mpolzin New Member

There are no previews that I know of, you just have to subscribe and see what is there. Right now, Microsoft has provided nothing beyond Space Wars, so everything else would be content provided by developers.

5. roussec

roussec New Member

http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx/XNA/creators/default.aspx

I am referring to this statement (from the above link):

"...subscriptions provide aspiring game developers with access to thousands of game assets from Microsoft and key partners such as Turbo Squid Inc., as well as white papers, specialized starter kits, samples and technical product support to help turn Your World, Your Game into a reality."

This at least sounds to be more than just Space Wars....