ARTPAKZ.com

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by ArtGirl, Feb 16, 2007.

1. ponyboy

Original Member

I would also be interested in an RPG art pack if one were available.

2. ArtGirl

ArtGirl New Member

Hi everybody and thanks for the suggestions and comments. Since an RPG pak seems to be what everyone wants, I've decided to start on one. A fantasy one first. I'm not sure how long it'll take me to get it done but the concept doodles are coming along nicely. I'm taking all your tips into consideration as well and will be doing a series of small paks like a create-a-character pak with full animation cycles and different bodies and heads and other stuff.

I've also received word that my 2D Platform scenery pak is almost complete too. It may actually be the first new Art Pak released on ARTPAKZ.com and I'm confident in saying that it will available for purchase early this coming week.

It has been modeled after games like the early Super Mario Brothers and Super Wonderboy games. Bright colourful and full of character.

Artgirl :)

3. whisperstorm

Original Member

What style do you envision for the RPG pak? Zelda, Legend of Mana type stuff?

4. spellcaster

Original Member

Just keep us updated ;)
    The RPG-pak sounds like a great idea :)

5. 2dnoob

Original Member

This is great until multiple games with the same graphics start showing up everywhere, so keep adding more sets which will make your site worth more in the long run.

6. whisperstorm

Original Member

2dnoob: note that the primary purpose for these graphics will be used as placeholders for some game - perhaps for a proposal, or to mock up an idea. Besides, at least the same graphics will look pretty :)

7. ArtGirl

ArtGirl New Member

Thank you Whisperstorm :) I couldn't have said it any better! I'm also not sure for the style of the RPG pak. I've been leaning towards a cross between Zelda and Dragon Warrior but not as pixel art :)

2dnoob, we also have plenty of new art paks in the works and in planning.

#27 ArtGirl, Feb 25, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  8. S2P

S2P New Member

Great packs - ideal for flash/downloadable games - attract an investor by prototyping games, or to show something in your portfolio. Nice idea.

9. 2dnoob

Original Member

I'm sure plenty of people will have these graphics in their games. ;)

10. whisperstorm

Original Member

How goes progress in the world of Artpakz?

11. ArtGirl

ArtGirl New Member

Great but slow. I had a few hiccups but it's all figured out now and I've gone back and have been adding a few more graphics to the upcoming packs so that they feel a bit more complete. I've been taking my time but I'm almost done. The update will happen very soon and it'll be with a release of 4 (maybe 5) new packs :)

Thanks for the continued interest :)

12. spellcaster

Original Member

That sounds great - I check your site regularly to see if there are updates ;)

13. whisperstorm

Original Member

This may sound silly to you - but I can totally see you putting some of these graphics up as artwork for t-shirts. If I were you I'd totally look at Zazzle or CafePress and get some t-shirts going. Retro graphics are popular right now, and it takes at most about 10 mins of your time to set up a Zazzle store. Think about it.

14. ArtGirl

ArtGirl New Member

Merchandise sounds like a great idea :) I'm not too confident that the time is right for such a thing but I'll definitely keep it in mind.

The website has also been updated a very little bit. No new art packs yet but I added a few logos of some of the new packs coming up and, if some of you haven't noticed yet, I added a new page that deals with contract work.

Artgirl :D

15. Teq

Teq
    Original Member

Love the packs (and would consider buying an RPG pack ;) )

16. whisperstorm

Original Member

Can't wait to see what you have coming soon. Got any previews? Especially of the rpg pak?

17. Sybixsus

Original Member

Your site has recently become horribly slow. I can't bear to browse any more. Could it be that free blog counter slowing everything to a crawl?

18. Uesugi

Uesugi New Member

Just visited and it loads fast for me. Really nice-looking retro slash modern graphics. Makes me want to code a Pacman-type game. :)

19. Sybixsus

Original Member

For me too now. The free blog notice that I was seeing before has gone too, so perhaps no coincidence?

20. whisperstorm

Original Member