Aquatica engine

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by MagicIndie, Apr 27, 2007.

1. MagicIndie

MagicIndie New Member

We (MagicIndie Softworks) have recently released the Aquatica engine which may be used to simplify the implementation of photorealistic water surfaces in applications with DirectX9 graphics.

Key features of the engine:
    - Water surface approximation using heightmaps.
    - Heightmaps can be generated in realtime using FFT or Perlin noise.
    - Generation of normalmaps
    - Generation of geometry: simple grid, geomipmap grid, radial grid
    - Water rendering options include: reflections, refractions, CPU/GPU vertex displacement, foam rendering, sunlight reflection rendering, depth effects.
    - 4 DirectX9 based rendering engines are available for different types of hardware, starting with DirectX7 and up to Shader Model 3.0

MagicIndie Softworks offers a completely free editor which may be used in first instance to view the capabilities of the engine and in second instance to export water states to files, so that you can easily import them in your graphics application using Aquatica engine source code.

Aquatica engine commercial license is only 15$.

More details and the free editor available at product home page: www.MagicIndie.com

[​IMG]

2. FlySim

Indie Author

Bought it - looks well put together and $15 for source code and documentation seems like a deal. Need to upgrade the 90's water effects in my fishing game....

3. Captain Nemo

Original Member

That looks interesting. Do you allow to rip out some of your code and use it in an Ogre based application?

4. TunaBreeze

TunaBreeze New Member

Looks amazing, any chance of an OpenGL version?

5. Josh1billion

Josh1billion New Member

Judging by that screenshot.. very nice-looking, especially for the price. Just don't jack up the price as soon as people start buying it; I've seen that happen before with other development-related products, and that's no fun.

6. MrQ

MrQ New Member

Actually, I would say that $15 for a commercial license is a bit cheap?
    People that could really use it would probably pay a good $40 atleast.

7. MagicIndie

MagicIndie New Member

Why not ? So long as you do not violate the End User License Agreement which you have agreed when acquired a license to the Aquatica engine. You can use any parts of the engine in any commercial projects as long as your project is not a distributable engine, SDK and stuff like this.

#7 MagicIndie, Apr 30, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  8. TunaBreeze

TunaBreeze New Member

Definitely a great price, I would like to see pricing for the various types of licenses.

9. fmsoftware

fmsoftware New Member

Very impressive results - even with the DirectX 7 version :cool:
    I'd definetly use this if I was developing a DX game.

10. Captain Nemo

Original Member

Well, I bought it :)