Anyone Play Path of Exile Here?

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Jannick, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Jannick

Jannick New Member

Path of Exile is a surprisingly great game. I've tried the beginning areas of the game in the past few years, but I've always been distracted by other AAA titles, but in the past 1.5 months I've spent all my free time on POE and I love it.

I usually avoid free games like the plague. Often, either the product is missing or the monetization structure limits gameplay to a certain extent, so you have to pay more than you would for a product at a price. After playing over 200 hours of the game (and having a lot of fun with the complexity and breadth of the content), there was no paywall in sight (I bought some of the more expensive bundles to appreciate the developers).

The game can be difficult for new players (I bought some poe currency for this) as there are a lot of elements that remain unresolved, but I'm glad I went through the learning curve and I expect many more months of great gameplay.

#1 Jannick, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  2. charless

charless New Member

PoE is very similar to Diablo in a sense, but... Ever-changing leagues and a standardized approach to the game make this game a game unto itself!

Storage space... While it can be expanded through the cash store, it's worth every penny spent.
    Makeup is purely cosmetic and really just adds to the glow of your character, nothing more.
    The soundtrack is amazing, and the variety of classes and constructions you can create is astounding ...... because there is never a dull moment or a "perfect" class.