Anyone knows about building games for Twitch? Want to understand it.

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Channfree, Feb 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Channfree

Channfree New Member

Hey, I have an idea for a game I would like to flesh out and start making, but I'm more of an art guy than a technical programming guy. So if anyone who has experience with building games for twitch or twitch integration, I would like to talk about the process so I can better understand the limitations and dos and don'ts.

The idea basically is like a side game where a twitch streamer is a raid boss and can either send his viewers to go attack someone else's raid boss or have armies clash. That is the basic idea.

2. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis New Member

Twitch, long a service for people watching video games, is getting more active in the process of making them, teaming up with a number of studios to help develop titles built with streaming as part of the game.

It’s doing this by launching two things: Developer Success (a program of working with devs) and Stream First, which is tech that allows studios to build Twitch into their games for what sounds like some very interesting stuff.

Essentially, it’s an official platform for stuff like the “Twitch plays...” series of games fans have been trying on their own over the past year or so.