Any recommendations for Sprite creator programs

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by DarthYasha, Jan 17, 2018.

1. DarthYasha

DarthYasha New Member

Hey guys, I'm working on a 2d game in unity. Is there any good programs to use for creating sprites? I have a good animator program I found on steam, but I have yet to find any decent ones online.

My game I'm working on is in early development, its a game greatly inspired by Rune Factory. Where I'll have to design monsters, and many forms of weapons. I could use some help with these too (however I can't pay at present time). I have a programmer already, and I'm the lead for story.

Also do you know of any programs that have good tutorials?

2. TheTodd

TheTodd New Member

I know you said you looked online, but Google them anyway and switch up your keywords, it might lead to different results. You might even put in your question, might find you similar threads from other designers.

3. kevintrepanier

Original Member Indie Author

Depends what you're looking for. I like to use Cosmigo ProMotions for pixel art.

I also use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a lot, for different needs.

4. GameDevSeal

GameDevSeal New Member

Piskel! It's free and it's online. Has pretty much all that's necessary to do what you need, although I'm not sure if it's light on the processor. However there's no need to worry as long as you have a mid-level pc, I think.