Any old timers here have a modern ANM tool?

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Spore Man, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Spore Man

Indie Author

I was just wondering if anyone here had tools for .ANM animation files (Deluxe Paint Animation) ?? I have an ANM to PCX command line convertor, but that's about it. I was hoping for maybe a ANM to animated GIF convertor, or Photoshop plugin or just a player so I can at least view my old ANM files.

Pro-Motion is a great graphics tool compatible with .LBM, but it looks like they never bothered taking it that one step further and supporting .ANM.

2. jetro

Original Member

Sol has released source for supporting ANM files:
    http://iki.fi/sol/code.html
    "dpapcpl.zip"

3. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

4. Sol_HSA

Indie Author

.ANM is the most horrible file format imaginable, so I'm not surprised they did not support it. Grab the .ANM player sources and read my comments on it.. =)

FLI/FLC was much better (and sources to FLI/FLC player are also available on my site).

5. Spore Man

Indie Author

That's fine that it's a horrible format. I'm looking for useful means of converting my old graphics portfolio with least amount of work. :) That Wikipedia link is broken.

#5 Spore Man, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  6. Sysiphus

Original Member

DA old package would be the best bet, surely...

7. ChrisP

Indie Author

If by "bad" you mean "broken", that's 'cause the trailing bracket fell off. Try this.

8. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Oops... sorry! :p

9. Sol_HSA

Indie Author

I once made a converter from ANM to still images, and then used some ready still-images-to-animation program to turn them into something more sensible, like FLC. Don't have the converters anymore, but it should be relatively easy to make based on my ANM player source.