any market for XGamesStation games?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by wazoo, Jun 19, 2005.

1. wazoo

Original Member

Hey all,

I haven't seen anyone talk about it, so I hope I'm not wasting bandwidth here. My apologies in advance.

Just curious if anyone's actually made a game for LaMothe's console, and (most importantly) if there's any market out there to sell it...??

thanks,

2. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

Not likely. It's a device for learning, and doesn't have much market penetration. What's maybe sellable is an accessory for the platform, like a PS2 controller adapter, or something along those lines. Despite, I'd say you'd be extremely lucky to get 2 or 3 sales. After buying mine, I've only visited the site once or twice since then, so I'd imagine you'd really be limited to the forum regulars as your market.

As a note, I'm only interested in the hardware documentation and it as a collectors item to go with my other dev kits, so I'm certainly not going to buy any software for the system.

3. HairyTroll

Original Member

This echos my thinking. It's a patform used for teaching hardware design. It's not really meant to be a console.

4. wazoo

Original Member

thanks guys

Yeah after pouring through the site again last night I pretty much came away with the same conclusion.

Thanks everyone!