ANNOUNCEMENT: New Innovative Point and Click Adventure Game, "The Quest for Luke"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ryan Trep, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Ryan Trep

Ryan Trep New Member

The Quest for Luke is something that has never been done before. Those familiar with gaming (especially adventure games) will understand that especially, but this is an experience and new territory anyone can appreciate and get into. Anyone can play The Quest for Luke. Anyone can appreciate something that hasn't been seen yet. I respect those I consider to be the true fans of the adventure game genre. I am one of them, and my goal is to bring the adventure game back to where it deserves to be, where it deserved to evolve.

Point and click, check. Inventory, check. A big intention was to bring back some core elements I've missed in games. The Quest for Luke is an explorational 3rd person room-to-room adventure game, NOT a scene-to-scene "adventure game" with sparse questing. The cinematic meets and works with gameplay in a new way, but this will also feel like the old days in certain fundamental respects, and that's what I wanted back..I wanted the actual adventure game back and to see it evolve too. I wanted to push and show the cinematic potential of the adventure game, *to explore a real environment, *to make gameplay and cutscenes truly seamless. I've never seen this done, a game or any kind of interactive title for that matter attempted in this way, and I'm excited to share everything I can as this project moves forward.

THIS SUMMER!!!

The gamer controls the main character in pure adventure game point and click style through a world, room to room.

Part of what makes the game innovative and exciting isn't just that that world is entirely real, but that gameplay and cutscenes are 100% seamless and harmonious. The adventure game can be a consistently real and uninterrupted experience thus. It's also that it is cinematic to an extent never seen before, the idea of an adventure game being given a cinematic treatment and approach as if it was a feature-length film. The entire game is comprised of video. It was shot by skilled cinematographers, it's a lot about the openness of free flowing camera movement and angles in a real world (during gameplay too) that makes this experience unique.

2. Ryan Trep

Ryan Trep New Member