ANN: WordWinder

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Cuculain, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Cuculain

Original Member

2. simonh

Indie Author

Very nicely done, both website and game. Can't really fault either.

I hope it does well for you.

3. Cuculain

Original Member

Thanks for your kind post simonh! We have now made some updates to both the demo and our website. It would be very interesting to hear some opinions, especially about the demo. Since we're not native english speakers it's very hard for us to gauge how difficult it is for those who are.

Also, if anyone has trouble running the demo on a decent machine I would like to hear about it.

4. Sunshine

Original Member

Awsome game, I like the little Toad, very funny.
    He reminds me of the frog that StarFox flew with :p

I did encounter a weird error though, while i was looking at the High Score screen, I had trouble finding the 'close' button, so I kept clicking the red Start button. After doing this the game kinda froze up, I could not get it to continue so i right clicked on the Icon in the title bar (in the top left of the screen) and clicked close. A message came up in the game that said "Are you sure you want to exit?", at this point I clicked no, but it would not take the input, when I clicked yes it went to the ending splash screen just like normal.

After this happened and the game exited, when I tryed to re-load it said that "An unhandled exception has occured in initialization. Program will now exit."

This could probly be fixed by making the red start button goto the game type choice screen even from the high score list.

Other than that the game was great! Great interface, Very original, Cool toad, you can't lose with this one!

I was running it on a Win98 machine, athlonXP2000+, 256 meg ram, and Black Dragon motherboard, in an Black Antec Area 51 case. I consider it to be a
    but we may have diffrent standards ;)

5. Cuculain

Original Member

Thank you very much Sunshine! :) You did find an actual bug, that I believe I have fixed now.

6. Nauris

Original Member

In your website, the text "FREE game downloads from GameToad - makers of quality Word and Strategy games" displayed a bit too high for me, resulting half of the first line being half on light background and half on dark (unreadable)

IE6

Other than that - i like it. Consistent colors and done tasty.

(edit) Just one thing though - I think that game links under Our Games are a bit too unnoticable. After all, the main emphasis of site are the games. Either use bigger font maybe or even make them graphic buttons.

Just a tuppence.

#6 Nauris, Aug 25, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2004
  7. Cuculain

Original Member

Lol, I totally agree with you. I'm trying to get the guy that's helping me with the site to change those things exactly, but you have to push him to do anything and then push some more.