[ANN] Travels with Gulliver

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by BlueFooted, Feb 23, 2010.

1. BlueFooted

BlueFooted New Member

I'm very happy to announce that our first game, Travels with Gulliver, is now available!

It's been a long road and I think it's come a long way since this early request for feedback (which now just seems silly). I'm not a frequent poster (I'm busy coding! :)), but the info on the IndieGamer forums have been a great help throughout the process.

"Travels with Gulliver" is a match-3 game that follows Sedona and the members of her book club as their luxury yacht travels the world in the path of Gulliver. Their charming story takes some unexpected turns, including a bit of romance and a bit of mystery. The adaptation of Gulliver's Travels "Voyage to Lilliput" relates the classic story in easy-to-read installments. You’ll get your passport stamped in exotic ports and piece together local scenes to earn postcards. Well-crafted game play, lush artwork and a spectacular original soundtrack make "Travels with Gulliver" a trip to remember.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Available on Big Fish Games

Macintosh version should be available soon (ported by JPOAG)

2. Xathia Vastar

Xathia Vastar New Member

Wow! What engine did you use to make this (if any)? The artwork is beautiful.

3. BlueFooted

BlueFooted New Member

It was made with the PopCap framework (forums), which is a C++ framework.

The majority of the art was done by Zdenek Sasek who actually asked that I not bump his thread here because he is too busy :). Alex Weldon also did a few of the pieces for us, and was a real pleasure to work with.

Truth is Levan's music (Levan Iordanishvili Vel9 Studios) was the impetus for having better art. After hearing his first few early tracks, we felt like we had to find a way to increase the art budget. His work really made us believe we could do something a little better than we originally hoped for (don't know if I ever told him that, thanks Levan!).

4. jpoag

jpoag New Member

Congrats on the Release Jeremy. BTW, Xathia Vastar and I live in the same county! Weird!

5. nino_rajacic

nino_rajacic New Member

Congrats on the release Jeremy! Nice to see Gulliver full and shiny, we enjoyed a lot working on it too. :)

Good luck with the sales.

6. BlueFooted

BlueFooted New Member

Thanks James and Nino.

3 Peak Audio did the sound, and a great job of it. But I didn't originally intend to make a credits roll thread :)

But then again, no apologies for screaming their names from the rooftops. I feel very lucky to have worked with so many talented people.