ANN: Pigllionaire Online - Mystery Wrapper tech demo

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ggambett, Jan 28, 2008.

1. ggambett

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Hi guys, we're finishing an online wrapper for our games, and I'd appreciate it if you can find any problems. It only supports Internet Explorer for now, and you'll see all kinds of security related warnings, because we haven't signed the control yet, but it should be otherwise playable.

http://www.mysterystudio.com/pig-online.php

All feedback is welcome!

2. Genimo

Indie Author

Run fine for me on WinXP / IE7.

I strongly recommend to change cab file name to something other then MysteryWrapper.cab ;-)

It is somewhat annoying that every time page is loaded, a black window briefly shows up on a "random" position. Are you using CreateProcess to launch an .exe? You may be able to get rid if this black window by setting wShowWindow in STARTUPINFO parameter to SW_HIDE, repositioning / re-parenting game window to ActiveX window and then showing it.

3. ggambett

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Thanks... I thought I had got rid of that already.

BTW, what's wrong with the CAB name?

4. Spore Man

Indie Author

The page showed absolutely no content inside the purple window area. My security settings are set to a rather "conservative yet not paranoid" settings. In fact, any activeX object should be prompting me for permission to run. Your page caused no such prompt.

5. Genimo

Indie Author

It's not a big deal, I'm just thinking that people may not be comfortable installing something called MysteryWrapper, I think it's better to call it GameLauncher or MysteryStudioGameLauncher.

6. Midnight Synergy

Indie Author

Worked fine on my machine.